Calgary Fire Department Responds to a House Fire in Castleridge
At approximately 11:30 this morning, the Calgary Fire Department responded to a 911 call for a home on fire in the 100 block of Castlebrook Drive NE. On arrival crews found smoke emanating from the second story of a single family home. Fire crews initiated a rapid interior attack and were able to locate and contain the fire to the area of origin. There were five occupants in the home at the time of the fire and three were able to self evacuate quickly. Two additional adults eventually self evacuated prior to arrival of fire crews and were transported to hospital suffering from minor smoke inhalation.
Calgary Fire Department crews, including a Fire Investigator, remain on scene to extinguish hot spots and determine the origin and cause of the fire. Calgary Police Service and Alberta Health Services were also on scene to assist with traffic control and patient care.
The Calgary Fire Department wants to remind all citizens of the importance of having working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms on all levels of your home and of ensuring you have an evacuation plan and predetermined meeting place in case of fire.