The City of Calgary activates Municipal Emergency Plan
As of 3:03 p.m., the Municipal Emergency Plan (MEP) was activated and the Emergency Operations Centre is now open.
This decision was undertaken due to the anticipated heavy rains and severe weather conditions.
Citizens are reminded to:
- Please stay indoors.
- Stay away from manhole covers, drains and flooded areas.
- Do not drive through flooded areas such as underpasses.
- Avoid storm water ponds and storm drains, and do not let children play near them.
- If you experience basement seepage or overland flooding, call 3-1-1 to report.
- If you or someone else is in imminent danger, call 9-1-1. Remember that 9-1-1 is for emergencies only; please use 3-1-1 for reporting non-emergency issues.
- Monitor local media and City of Calgary messages.
The Calgary Emergency Management Agency and its partners are continuing to assess the situation and will provide an updated news release at 5:30 p.m.