Calgary, AB,
30
October
2014
|
08:47
America/Denver

Early morning Townhouse Fire Sends Family of Four to Hospital

 

 

 

 

Just before 1:00 A.M.. this morning the Calgary Fire Department responded to reports of a building fire in the 4900 block of 35 avenue S.W.. On arrival crews found four patients all suffering from visible signs of smoke inhalation on the front drive area and a large volume of smoke coming from the front door of a townhouse unit. While a number of firefighters provided pre hospital care  the remainder of on scene crews dealt with the fire and searched for remaining occupants. It was established that all occupants had exited the structure prior to arrival and the fire was confined to the room of origin. Patient care was transferred to on scene AHS personnel who have transported the four to an area hospital. Fire investigators are currently on scene and are still in the initials stages of the investigation While conducting a thorough search for fire extension it became apparent to fire crews that there were no smoke alarms at all in the townhouse.Calgarians are reminded of the critical life saving importance of having working smoke alarms in their homes as having working smoke alarms reduces the risk of dying in a home fire by 50 percent. .

                                                                                                              -30-