Calgary road closures - January 4, 2017
January 4, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: Various single lane closures at 68 Street N.E. and 12 Avenue N.E. from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, January 5 for construction.
NEW: Various left lane closures on northbound 36 Street N.E. between 4 Avenue N.E. and 12 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, January 9 for utility work.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at 14 Street N.W. and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. in the area daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, January 3. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, January 6 and accommodates construction.
- There will be intermitted closures of approximately 10 minutes on Stoney Trail N.W. at Sarcee Trail N.W. between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. nightly on both Tuesday, January 3 and Wednesday, January 4. Calgary Police Service will be onsite at this intersection directing traffic during these closures.
- Update: The ramp from eastbound Stoney Trail N.W. to Sarcee Trail N.W. will be closed from 11 p.m. on Tuesday, January 10 to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, January 11.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
NEW: Various single lane closures in all directions at 80 Avenue S.E. and Ogden Road S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, January 6 for utility work.
NEW: Various single lane closures on 68 Street S.E. at Applewood Drive S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Friday, January 6. These closures continue during these hours on Monday, January 9 and Tuesday, January 10 and accommodates traffic signal work.
NEW: The right lane in both directions of Glenmore Trail S.E. is closed west of 11 Street S.E. from 9 p.m. on Thursday, January 5 to 5 a.m. on Friday, January 6 for road maintenance. Speed limit will be reduced to 50 km/hr. through the closure.
NEW: 6 Avenue S.E. is closed between Confluence Way S.E. and 5 Street S.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday, January 7. This closure continues until 5 p.m. on Sunday, January 8 and accommodates utility work.
- For more information, visit the project page
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
NEW: 16 Street S.W. is closed between 44 Avenue and 45 Avenue S.W. beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, January 6. During this closure, Traffic will be detoured to 16A Street S.W. via signage. This closure remains in place until 5 a.m. on Monday, January 9 and accommodates utility work.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track will be closed on 12 Avenue S.W. between 2 Street and 4 Street S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, January 2. During this closure, cycle track traffic will be detoured into the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Tuesday, January 17 and accommodates utility work.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 5 Street and 6 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, January 4. This closure is expected to continue until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25.
- 17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction from 1 Street S.E. and Centre Street S through 7 p.m. on Friday, January 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.