Motorists to be advised of significant traffic impacts this weekend on Calgary roads
Glenmore Trail bridge removal to impact traffic this weekend
For the second weekend in a row, motorists are being advised to avoid sections of Glenmore Trail or expect significant delays.
Starting at 9 p.m. on Friday, May 25, eastbound Glenmore Trail will be reduced to one lane and westbound Glenmore Trail will be reduced to two lanes between Deerfoot Trail and Blackfoot Trail S.E.
Motorists travelling on Glenmore between Deerfoot Trail and Blackfoot Trail are advised to expect delays with lane and speed reductions in place.
This closure will remain in place until 5 a.m. on Monday, May 28 and accommodates the removal of an abandoned rail bridge.
More information on this project can be found on Calgary.ca.
Significant traffic impacts expected during Scotiabank Calgary Marathon Sunday
Several roads in-and-around the downtown and surrounding areas will be impacted by the Scotiabank Marathon on Sunday. Motorists are advised to plan to take alternate routes to avoid traffic congestion.
The following road closures will be in place from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 27:
- Olympic Way S.E. / 4 Street S.E. will be closed between 9 Avenue S.E. and Stampede Trail S.E.
- 9 Avenue S.E. will be closed between 3 Street S.E. and 12 Street S.E.
- 11 Avenue will be reduced to two westbound lanes from Olympic Way S.E. to 14 Street S.W.
- 12 Street will be closed between 9 Avenue S.E. and 1 Avenue N.E.
- 1 Avenue N.E. will be closed between 12 Street N.E. and 4 Street N.E.
- 4 Street N.E. will be reduced to one lane on east side from 1 Avenue N.E. to Riverfront Avenue N.E.
- Memorial Drive will be reduced to one lane in each direction between 10 Street N.W. and the Reconciliation Bridge (4 Street N.E.)
- Memorial Drive will be completely closed between 10 Street N.W. and Crowchild Trail N.W.
- Riverfront Avenue will be closed from 1 Street S.W. to 6 Street S.E.
- 5 Street S.W. will be restricted to northbound traffic only between 18 Avenue S.W. and Elbow Drive S.W.
- Southbound Elbow Drive will be reduced to one right lane from 5 Street S.W. to 30 Avenue S.W.
- At Flanders Avenue S.W. ramps both directions on Crowchild Trail S.W. will be closed.
- Eastbound 50 Avenue S.W. (Mount Royal Gate) will have a right lane closure from Crowchild Trail to 21 Street S.W.
For more information on road and lanes closures in Calgary, please visit the Calgary traffic Information map on Calgary.ca, follow us @yyctransport on Twitter and search the Special Event Road Closures.