Calgary road closures - February 27, 2017
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions press release
February 27, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
Various single lane closures at Coventry Hills Boulevard N.E. and Coventry Hills Way N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28 for utility work.
There will be no access to Taravista Drive N.E. from northbound Saddletowne Circle N.E. on weekend days from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. beginning on Saturday, February 25. Motorists will be detoured to 80 Avenue / Tarawood Lane N.E. via signage during the closure. This closure repeats during weekend days during these hours until further notice and accommodates construction.
128 Avenue N.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Skyview Ranch Road and Skyview Ranch Boulevard N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, February 27. This closure remains in place until 6 p.m. on Friday, March 3 and accommodates construction.
Reduced lanes at 36 Street N.E. and 26 Avenue N.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, February 27. This closure remains in place until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1 and accommodates utility installation.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
- NEW: The right lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 8 p.m. Tuesday, February 28 until 5 a.m. Wednesday, March 1.
- There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, February 27 until Friday, March 3.
- There will be various lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail between 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard and Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, February 27 until Friday, March 3.
- For more information, visit the project page
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track on 5 Street S.W. between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 11. Cycle track traffic will be diverted to the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 10 and accommodates utility work.
- Westbound 17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.E. from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to one lane in each direction from 6 Street to 7 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. on Monday, February 6 until 7 p.m. on Monday, March 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Southwest Ring Road Project
Work is underway on the Southwest Ring Road project. For more information on work happening, visit http://www.swcrrproject.com/traffic-updates/