Get involved! It’s your City. Volunteer positions available on City of Calgary Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City of Calgary is recruiting volunteers to fill positions on various Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs). Public Members serving on these BCCs provide guidance to City Council on important civic issues ranging from accessibility, to planning, to public art.
This year, The City is looking for volunteers to fill vacancies on various Boards, Commissions and Committees. Membership requirements vary depending on the Board, Commission and Committee, however, The City of Calgary is looking for residents of Calgary, who are at least 18 years of age:
- With a desire to give back to the community,
- With specific expertise relevant to the qualifications a specific Board, Commission or Committee may be looking for,
- Who are interested in the legislative process, and
- With time available to commit to membership.
Vacancies exist on the following BCCs:
- Advisory Committee on Accessibility
- Audit Committee
- BiodiverCity Advisory Committee
- Calgary Aboriginal Urban Affairs Committee
- Calgary General Hospital Legacy Fund Review Committee
- Calgary Heritage Authority
- Calgary Planning Commission
- Calgary Police Commission
- Calgary Transit Access Eligibility Appeal Board
- Calgary Transit Public Safety Citizen Oversight Committee
- Combative Sports Commission
- Innovate Calgary
- Livery Transport Advisory Committee
- Public Art Board
- Saddledome Foundation
More information on the Board, Commission or Committee mandates, eligibility requirements, length of term, and time commitments for Public Members can be found by visiting calgary.ca/cityclerks. To apply for a position:
- Applicants can apply online by filling out the application form on calgary.ca/cityclerks; or
- Contact the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or (403) 268-5861 for assistance.
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, June 30, 2017.