Impacts from storm on morning commute
There are two road closures that will carry into the morning commute:
- Westbound Memorial Drive, from just past Edmonton Trail to 3 Street NW
- Traffic is allowed into downtown over the Langevin Bridge, but west-bound through traffic is being detoured onto northbound Edmonton Trail;
- Closed until water can be drained from plugged storm drain in west-bound lanes
- Eastbound traffic flowing as normal
- Inglewood Underpass – 9 Avenue under Blackfoot Trail is closed from 15 Street to 19 Street SE
- Eastbound 9 Avenue traffic is being detoured south onto 15 Street or northeast onto to 17 Avenue
- Both detours return commuters to Blackfoot Trail
- Closed until water can be drained from plugged storm drain
Please watch for any debris on roads and pathways. Pools of water may still be apparent along some roadways and may require lane changes for safe passage. Please travel slowly and carefully through deep puddles.
There are also broken branches hanging over some pathways. Cyclists and pedestrians please be aware and take precautions as necessary.
- 30 -