Calgary Transit Launches New and Improved Website
Calgary Transit launched a new and improved website today featuring real time bus information and vastly improved trip planning functionality, among other enhancements.
Public engagement during the development of RouteAhead revealed that customers wanted easier access to the Calgary Transit website. As a result, the new calgarytransit.com site was launched this morning.
The new, easy to use website is a step towards improving the overall customer experience.
Some of the features of our new website include:
- Real-time bus information, which allows customers to enter a bus stop number to view bus locations
- Teletext and Teleride are also now in real time
- A responsive design that adapts the website to any screen size, including smartphone, tablet or desktop computer
- A new trip planner that uses Google Maps, as well as an optional advanced trip planner that uses Calgary Transit software
- Site content is available in multiple languages
Advances in technology have raised our customers’ expectations and the new website plays a key role in closing the gap between those expectations and the services Calgary Transit provides.
- 30 -
Calgary Transit Director Doug Morgan will be available for interviews today until 3 p.m.