Calgary road closures – November 24, 2015
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – November 24, 2015
NEW: McDougall Road N.E. will have delays at 9A Street N.E. and police will be directing traffic from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 24 due to filming.
Coral Springs Boulevard N.E. will see westbound lane closures at 68 Street N.E. from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25 due to utility work.
16 Avenue N.E. will be reduced to two lanes eastbound at 1 Street N.E. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. until Wednesday, Dec. 23 due to construction.
Beaverdam Road N.E. north of 6 Street N.E. will experience various lane closures between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily until Tuesday, Dec.15 due to construction. Flagmen personnel will be onsite directing traffic during this time.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
Macleod Trail at 34 Avenue S.E. (south of 25 Avenue S.E.) will have the two southbound right lanes closed and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly on Monday, November 23 through to Wednesday, November 25 to allow for a gas main upgrades. There will be various stages of construction across Macleod Trail at 34 Avenue S.E. to allow for gas main upgrades. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic to a minimum with evening and weekend lane closures.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks hauling material roadway in off-peak hours until the end of November, related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, which will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. will see various closures until early December due to traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. until 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
The right lane of southbound Centre Street S is closed at 5 Avenue S.E. between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. nightly beginning on Tuesday, November 24. This closure continues nightly during these hours until 5 a.m. on Thursday, November 26 and accommodates signal work.
1 Street S.W. will be completely closed between 9 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, November 25. This closure accommodates work on the 1 Street S.W. underpass.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Spruce Meadows International Christmas Market
Speed will be reduced to 50 km/h on Spruce Meadows Trail between Macleod Trail and 53 Street S.W. beginning Friday, November 27 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, November 29 at 7 p.m.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.