Calgary road closures - March 8, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – March 8, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
NEW: Right lane closures in each direction of Sunridge Boulevard N.E. west of 29 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 9. This closure accommodates construction.
36 Street N.E. is reduced to two lanes in both directions from 24 Avenue to 25 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until Friday, March 11 due to pedestrian overpass work.
Various closures on McKnight Boulevard N.E. between 12 Street and 19 Street N.E. from 8 p.m. on Monday, March 7 until noon on Saturday, March 12.
Centre Street is reduced to one lane northbound between 20 Avenue and 21 Avenue N.E. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, beginning Thursday, February 18 and continuing until Thursday, March 31. This closure is due to construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, March 2. This closure continues during these hours weekly on Tuesday through Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to a single lane between 9 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E. in each direction from 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, March 4. This closure will repeat daily during these hours beginning Monday, March 7 through Wednesday, March 9. This closure accommodates utility work.
Zoo Road will be closed beginning on Monday, March 7 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic. This closure is expected to last until December 2017.
- NEW: The intersection of Blackfoot Trail with 58 Avenue S.E. will continue with various single lane closures in all directions and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Thursday, March 10 and Friday, March 11 for traffic signal work in preparation for upcoming intersection upgrades.
- The intersection of Blackfoot Trail with 58 Avenue S.E. will have various single lane closures in all directions and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, March 7 to Wednesday, March 9 for traffic signal work in preparation for upcoming intersection upgrades.
- From now until late summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. There will be various stages of construction which may require road closures during off-peak traffic times. Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- NEW: The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 9.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily until Saturday, March 12.
- The access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail was revised on Sunday, January 31. The left turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and the right turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard was closed. A new exit ramp via the northbound right lane opened to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection was created on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to one lane eastbound between 1 Street and 2 Street S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from Monday, March 7 until Wednesday, March 9. This closure accommodates construction.
The right lane of southbound 4 Street S.W. is closed at 15 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, March 7. During this closure there will be no access to 4 Street via eastbound 15 Avenue S.W. This closure continues daily during these hours until Thursday, March 10 and accommodates utility work.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.