Calgary road closures - March 14, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – March 14, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
The left lane of northbound and southbound 12 Street N.E. is closed at McKnight Boulevard N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, March 14, and Tuesday, March 15. Additionally two right lanes of eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. will also be closed and traffic will be diverted into the westbound lanes during this closure. This closure accommodates construction, there will be no access to 12 Street from McKnight during this closure.
New traffic patterns on McKnight Boulevard N.E. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. begin at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 13. During this change, eastbound McKnight will be closed in this stretch and narrowed two-way traffic will be in place in the westbound lanes. This changed pattern is expected to last through June 2016. This work is part of the McKnight Boulevard N.E. Widening Project.
Centre Street is reduced to one lane northbound between 20 Avenue and 21 Avenue N.E. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, beginning Thursday, February 18 and continuing until Thursday, March 31. This closure is due to construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, March 2. This closure continues during these hours weekly on Tuesday through Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
Various single lane closures in all directions on Country Hills Boulevard N.W. at Rocky Ridge Boulevard N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 11. These closure continues until 6 p.m. on Friday, March 25 and accommodates utility work.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
UPDATE: 17 Avenue S.E. is closed between 15 Street S.E. and 17A Street S.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 11. This closure continues until Tuesday, March 15 and accommodates water services utility work.
UPDATE: 12 Avenue S.E. is closed between Olympic Way and 3 Street S.E. until 5:30 pm on Monday, March 14. A contraflow lane on 11 Avenue S.E. is available between 3 Street and 4 Street S.E. with a temporary signal at the intersection of 11 Avenue S.E. and Olympic Way.
Zoo Road will be closed beginning on Monday, March 7 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic. This closure is expected to last until December 2017.
- The intersection of Blackfoot Trail with 58 Avenue S.E. will continue with various single lane closures in all directions and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Thursday, March 10 and Friday, March 11 for traffic signal work in preparation for upcoming intersection upgrades.
- From now until late summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. There will be various stages of construction which may require road closures during off-peak traffic times. Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Monday, March 14 to Friday, March 18.
- The access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail was revised on Sunday, January 31. The left turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and the right turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard was closed. A new exit ramp via the northbound right lane opened to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection was created on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: 5 Street S.W. is reduced to one lane southbound and the cycle track is closed between 12 Avenue and 14 Avenue S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning Tuesday, March 15 until Friday, March 18.
6 Avenue S.W. is closed at 1 Street S.W. from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, March 19. Motorists are advised to use 4 Avenue S.W. as an alternate route. This closure accommodates construction.
- Crowchild Trail will be reduced to a single southbound lane and two northbound lanes at Flanders Avenue nightly from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 15.
- Crowchild Trail will be reduced to a single lane in each direction at Flanders Avenue nightly from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, March 16, Thursday, March 17 and Friday, March 18.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.