Calgary road closures - February 22, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – February 22, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
NEW: The right lane of McKnight Boulevard N.E. west of 19 Street N.E. between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. on Tuesday, February 23. This closure accommodates curb work.
NEW: 15 Street N.E. is closed at McKnight Boulevard N.E. from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, February 23. This closure accommodates curb work.
NEW: Northbound Edmonton Trail N.E. is closed between 12 Avenue and 14 Avenue N.E. and a two-way traffic setup is in place in the southbound lanes from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Tuesday, February 23. This closure accommodates construction.
Rundlehorn Drive N.E. is reduced to one lane in both directions at 25 Avenue N.E. from 8 a.m. on Monday, February 22 until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24 due to new service work.
Centre Street is reduced to one lane northbound between 20 Avenue and 21 Avenue N.E. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, beginning Thursday, February 18 and continuing until Monday, March 7. This closure is due to construction.
Various lane closures at McKnight Boulevard N.E. and 19 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, February 16. The closures continue daily during these hours on weekdays until 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 25.
17 Avenue N.E. is closed at 6 Street N.E. beginning at 8 a.m. on Friday, February 12. During this closure there will be no northbound access to 6 Street via 16 Avenue N.E. Traffic will be detoured in the area. This closure continues until 6 p.m. on Sunday, February 28 and accommodates gas utility work.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure continues during these hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
NEW: The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Monday, February 22 to Friday, February 26.
NEW: The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, February 22 to Friday, February 26.
Dartmouth Road S.E. is closed eastbound at 34 Avenue S.E. from 7 a.m. on Monday, February 22 until 7 p.m. on Tuesday, February 23 due to water services work.
The left lanes of southbound and northbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard will be closed from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. daily on Saturday, February 20 and Sunday, February 21, and from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Monday, February 22 to Friday, February 26.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
The two right lanes of 5 Avenue S.W. are closed nightly from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Monday, February 22 and Tuesday, February 23. This closure accommodates utility work.
5 Street S.W. is reduced to narrow southbound lanes between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 until February 23. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, follow signage, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
- Single left lane closures on northbound and southbound Crowchild Trail at Flanders Avenue S.W. with a speed reduction to 50 km/hr. daily beginning in early January. This closure will continue daily during these hours until late February.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.