Calgary road closures - February 10, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – February 10, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
Northbound Fairmount Drive north of Heritage Drive has been closed for emergency water service and roadway repairs. Traffic will be detoured to Flint Road and Blackfoot Trail to bypass construction. The closure is anticipated to last for 2-3 days
NEW: The right lane of northbound McCall Way N.E. is closed at Pegasus Road N.E. between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Thursday, February 11. Police will be onsite directing traffic, this closure accommodates construction.
Single right lane closures on eastbound and westbound Country Village Road N.E. east of Country Village Link N.E. beginning at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, February 10. This closure continues until 12 p.m. on Friday, February 12 and accommodates utility installation.
52 Street N.E. is closed between Saddletree Drive N.E. and 88 Avenue N.E. daily from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. beginning on Monday, February 8. This closure continues until 6 p.m. on Friday, February 12 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of northbound Centre Street N and adjacent sidewalk are closed at 20 Avenue N.E. daily from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until Friday, February 12.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure continues during these hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
The right lane of eastbound and westbound Crowfoot Way N.W. is closed east of Crowfoot Crescent N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, February 9. This closure continues until 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 18 and accommodates signal work.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
Beginning on Monday, February 1 there will be no turn from southbound Macleod Trail S.E. to eastbound Southland Drive S.E. daily from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. This accommodates operational improvements to Macleod Trail and Southland Drive.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Monday, February 8 to Friday, February 12 for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange.
- The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, February 8 to Friday, February 12 for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- Starting on Sunday, January 31, the access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail will change. Existing ramps will close and new detour ramps will open to allow for the next stage of interchange construction. The left turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and the right turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard will close. A new exit ramp via the right lane will then open to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection will be formed on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/hr. that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- Starting on Sunday, January 31 the exit ramp from eastbound 162 Avenue S.E. to southbound Macleod Trail will be revised. The access will be relocated further west to allow for the next stage of interchange construction
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
The north sidewalk of 7 Avenue S.W. is closed between 1 Street and 2 Street S.W. beginning at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, February 10. This closure continues until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, February 16 and accommodates construction.
5 Street S.W. is reduced to narrow southbound lanes between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 for approximately six weeks. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, follow signage, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
- Single left lane closures on northbound and southbound Crowchild Trail at Flanders Avenue S.W. with a speed reduction to 50 km/hr. daily beginning in early January. This closure will continue daily during these hours until late February.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.