Calgary Road Closures - August 7
NEW: Airport Trail N.E. will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily between 36 St N.E. and Barlow Trail N.E. for final inspection Monday to Friday.
9 Street N.E. will be closed between McPherson Road N.E. and McDougall Road N.E. from 7 p.m. on Friday, August 7 continues until 5 p.m. on Sunday, August 9 for construction.
Northbound 36 Street N.E. will be closed between 24 Avenue N.E. and 25 Avenue N.E. from midnight to 6 a.m. on Sunday, August 9 due to sidewalk maintenance. Additionally, the right lane and sidewalk on northbound 36 Street N.E. will be closed from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, August 9.
The left lane on westbound McKnight Boulevard will be closed between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until Friday, Aug. 21 as part of the McKnight Boulevard widening project.
The left lane of Saddletowne Circle N.E. at 60 Street N.E. will be closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Saturday, Aug. 8 for concrete work.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
NEW: John Laurie Blvd will be reduced to one lane at McKnight Bvld N.W. from 7 a.m until 5 p.m. Saturday, Aug 8.
NEW: Crowchild Trail North will have one lane closed at 24 Ave N.W. for signal work from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
6 Avenue N.W. will be closed between 15 Street N.W. and 16 Street N.W. from 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 8. until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 9 for construction. Traffic in the area will be detoured to 2 Avenue N.W. or 8 Avenue N.W.
14 Street N.W. will be reduced to one lane in each direction at 24 Avenue N.W. until 7 p.m. on Tuesday, August 11 due to utility work.
Southbound Shaganappi Trail will be closed between 32 Avenue N.W. and Bowness Rd. from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 8 due to paving. Use alternate routes.
Symons Valley Road N.W. will be closed between 144 Avenue N.W. and Sage Hill Drive N.W. for construction of a new roadway. Traffic will be detoured to Sage Hill Drive N.W. This closure will remain in place until 6 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 6.
Eastbound Beddington Trail N.W. will be reduced to a single lane at Hidden Valley Link N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily until Friday, Aug. 14. This closure accommodates sound barrier installation.
Westbound 112 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to a single lane between 69 Street N.W. and 85 Street N.W. daily between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. until Friday, Aug. 14 due to construction.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- The left lane of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be closed at Bowfort Road N.W. between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily.
- The left lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be closed at Bowfort Road N.W. daily between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. These closures continue until the end of August and are related to the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road Interchange Project.
9 Avenue S.E. will be reduced to one lane in each direction between 13 Avenue S.E. and 14 Avenue S.E. until 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 9 due to sidewalk construction.
9 Avenue S.E. will be reduced to one lane in each direction between 11 Street S.E. and 12 Street S.E. beginning Monday, August 10 until Friday, August 28 due to sidewalk construction.
Westbound 9 Avenue S.E. west of 4 Street S.E. will be closed until 3 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 24. During this closure, a two-way traffic setup will be installed in the eastbound lanes. This closure accommodates construction.
Various lanes of 94 Avenue S.E. between 52 Street S.E. and 60 Street S.E. will be closed until Wednesday Sept. 30 for new road construction.
- The northbound lanes on Macleod Trail, north of 25 Street S.E. have been temporarily realigned as part of the Victoria Bridge Rehabilitation Project. Please pay attention in this area.
- The exit ramp allowing U-turns from southbound 1 Street S.E. to northbound Macleod Trail, north of 25 Avenue S.E. will be closed until late September.
- The regional pathway link to the Macleod Trail bridge deck (Victoria Bridge) will also be closed. Pathway users will be directed to use the 1 Street S.E. link one block to the west.
- Glenmore Trail at the CPR/LRT and Fairmont Drive bridges will be reduced to single lane traffic in each direction from between 9 p.m. Aug 8 until 5 a.m. Monday, Aug 10. Motorists are advised to use alternative routes during this closure.
- The speed limit on Glenmore Trail will be reduced to 50 km/h between Macleod Trail and Deerfoot Trail for the duration of construction.
- The pedestrian underpass and sidewalk connection under Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail S.E. will be closed for work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects. Pedestrians will be directed to use Macleod Trail to cross Glenmore Trail. The pedestrian underpass is anticipated to be closed until September.
- Three bridges on Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail, including Glenmore Trail over 11 Street S.E., Glenmore Trail over Fairmount Drive and Glenmore Trail over the CP/LRT tracks, will have various lane closures until October. During construction, there will be various stages which will require traffic pattern changes on Glenmore Trail and numerous lane closures on both Glenmore Trail and Centre Street S / Fairmount Drive S.E. under Glenmore Trail S.E.
The two right lanes of 9 Avenue S.W. between 3 Street S.W. and 4 Street S.W. will be closed nightly between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
4 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane in each direction between 9 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. until Sept. 30. This closure is for construction of the +60 pedestrian bridge at the National Music Centre.
NEW: Crowchild Trail will have one lane closed in each direction between BowTrail S.W. and Memorial Drive N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday Aug 11 and Wednesday Aug 12.
The three left lanes of 5 Street S.W. will be closed between 4 Avenue S.W. and 5 Avenue S.W. from 7 a.m. on Saturday, August 8 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 9 due to building construction. The cycle track will be detoured to 4 Street S.W. during this closure.
The two left lanes of 11 Avenue S.W. will be closed between 4 Street S.W. and 6 Street S.W. from 8 a.m. on Saturday, August 8 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 9 due to utility work.
The left lane on 5 Street S.W. is closed between 11 Avenue S.W. and 12 Avenue S.W. to accommodate a sidewalk and cycle track detour until 5 a.m. on Friday, August 7.
8 Street S.W. will be reduced to a single lane in each direction between 4 Avenue S.W. and 5 Avenue S.W. until 9 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 9 and accommodates deep utility work.
The two right lanes of 6 Avenue S.W. will be closed at 1 Street S.W. nightly from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Thursday, August 6 and accommodates utility work. The right lane of 6 Avenue S.W. at 1 Street S.W. will be closed through until 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 10.
The right lane of northbound 8 Street S.W. and adjacent sidewalk are closed between 8 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. until late September. This closure accommodates the 8 Street Underpass project. Pedestrians are advised to use the west sidewalk.
The cycle track on 12 Avenue S.E. will be detoured between 3 Street S.E. and Olympic Way S.E. until further notice to accommodate construction.
Southbound 1 Street S.W. will be reduced to one lane between 9 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. this summer to accommodate the 1 Street S.W. underpass enhancement project. At the same time, the sidewalk on southbound 1 Street S.W. will be closed. Pedestrians should use the sidewalk on the east side of 1 Street S.W. These closures will be in place until the work on the west side of the underpass is complete.
While the bulk of construction work for the Crowchild Trail/Flanders Avenue Interchange won't begin until September 2015, some initial work to prepare for the Interchange construction process is underway:
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Preparatory construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue.Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Marda Gras Street Festival – 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, August 9
- 33 Avenue S.W. will be closed between 18 Street S.W. and 22 Street S.W.
- 34 Avenue S.W. will be closed between 19 Street S.W. and 21 Street S.W.
- 19 Street S.W., 20 Street S.W. and 21 Street S.W. will be closed between 32 Avenue S.W. and 34 Avenue S.W.
- Motorists are advised to watch for runners on Chapparal Drive, Chapalla Drive, Chapparal Boulevard and 194 Avenue S.E. on Saturday, August 8 from 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Sunday, August 9 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Police will be present during this event.
Summer Construction Projects
Now that summer is here, Roads construction projects are ramping up. For more information, visit Calgary.ca/paving.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.