Calgary road closures - August 4, 2015
NEW: The left lane on westbound McKnight Boulevard will be closed between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until Friday, August 21 due to the McKnight Boulevard widening project.
Update: The left lane of Saddletowne Circle at 60 Street N.E. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Saturday, August 8 and accommodates concrete work in the area.
Parking restrictions on 5 Street N.E. south of 5 Avenue N.E. beginning at 12 p.m. on Monday, August 3. These restrictions remain in place until Wednesday, August 5 and accommodate utility work.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
NEW: NEW: Various lane closures on Centre Street N between 20 Avenue N.W. and 21 Avenue N.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5. These closures accommodate work by Alberta Traffic Supply.
Southbound Shaganappi Trail will be closed between 32 Avenue N.W. and Bowness Rd. from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, August 8 due to paving. Use alternate routes.
The left lane of both northbound and southbound 14 Street N.W. south of 20 Avenue N.W. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, August 4 and Wednesday, August 5. During this closure the speed limit will be reduced to 20 km/hr. This closure accommodates median removal in relation to water services work.
Symons Valley Road N.W. is closed between 144 Avenue N.W. and Sage Hill Drive N.W. beginning at 5 a.m. on Monday, July 27. This closure accommodates construction of a new roadway. Traffic will be detoured to Sage Hill Drive N.W. The closure will remain in place until 6 p.m. on Sunday, September 6.
Eastbound Beddington Trail N.W. is reduced to a single lane at Hidden Valley Link N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily beginning on Monday, July 20. The closure will continue daily during these hours until Friday, August 14. This closure accommodates sound barrier installation.
Westbound 112 Avenue N.W. is reduced to a single lane between 69 Street N.W. and 85 Street N.W. daily between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, July 13 until Friday, August 14 at 3 p.m. due to accommodates construction.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. starting at 11 p.m. Sunday, June 28 until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- Update:The left lane of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be closed at Bowfort Road N.W. until 8 p.m. on Tuesday, August 4 to accommodate paving. Regular daily restrictions between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. will resume on Wednesday, August 5.
- The left lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at Bowfort Road N.W. daily between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. This closure continues until the end of August and is related to the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road Interchange Project.
Northbound 4 Street S.E. is closed between 7 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, August 4. During this closure a two-way traffic setup will be in place in the southbound lanes.
Westbound 9 Avenue S.E. west of 4 Street S.E. is closed beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, August 4. During this closure, a two-way traffic setup will be installed in the eastbound lanes. This closure accommodates construction, and will remain in place until 3 p.m. on Monday, August 24.
Various lanes of 94 Avenue S.E. between 52 Street S.E. and 60 Street S.E. will be closed until Wednesday September 30 for new road construction.
- Northbound Macleod Trail S.E. is reduced to two lanes at the Victoria Bridge north of 25 Avenue S.E. to 18 Avenue S.E. between 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 28 and 5 a.m. on Wednesday, July 29. This closure will repeat during the same hours on Wednesday, July 29 and Thursday, July 30. For information on the Victoria Bridge re-hab project please go to Calgary.ca and search “Victoria Bridge”.
- The exit ramp allowing U-turns from southbound 1 Street S.E. to northbound Macleod Trail, north of 25 Avenue S.E. will be closed beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19 until late September.
- In addition, the regional pathway link to the Macleod Trail bridge deck (Victoria Bridge) will also be closed. Pathway users will be directed to use the 1 Street S.E. link one block to the west.
- NEW: Westbound Glenmore Trail at 11 Street S.E. will be reduced to a single left lane between 9 p.m. on Tuesday, August 4 and 5 a.m. on Wednesday, August 5. This closure repeats nightly during these hours on Wednesday, August 5, Thursday, August 6 and Friday August 7. The speed limit will be reduced to 50 km/hr. and this work accommodates bridge work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes during this closure.
- The speed limit on Glenmore Trail will be reduced to 50 km/h between Macleod Trail and Deerfoot Trail for the duration of construction.
- Starting at 8 p.m. Monday, July 6, the pedestrian underpass and sidewalk connection under Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail S.E. will be closed for work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects. Pedestrians will be directed to use Macleod Trail to cross Glenmore Trail. The pedestrian underpass is anticipated to be closed for approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Three bridges on Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail, including Glenmore Trail over 11 Street S.E., Glenmore Trail over Fairmount Drive and Glenmore Trail over the CP/LRT tracks, will have various lane closures beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday, May 29. This project will continue through the 2015 construction season, for work related to the Glenmore Bridges rehabilitation project. During construction, there will be various stages which will require traffic pattern changes on Glenmore Trail and numerous lane closures on both Glenmore Trail and Centre Street S / Fairmount Drive S.E. under Glenmore Trail S.E.
The two right lanes of 9 Avenue S.W. between 3 Street S.W. and 4 Street S.W. will be closed nightly between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
4 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane in each direction between 9 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. until September 30. This closure is for construction of the +60 pedestrian bridge at the National Music Centre.
NEW: 8 Street S.W. will be reduced to a single lane in each direction between 4 Avenue S.W. and 5 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, August 5. This closure continues until 9 p.m. on Sunday, August 9 and accommodates deep utility work.
The two right lanes of 6 Avenue S.W. are closed at 1 Street S.W. nightly beginning at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, August 4. This closure continues until the 6 a.m. the next morning, on Wednesday, August 5 where the closure is reduced to a single right lane. This closure repeats during these hours on the evenings of Wednesday, August 5 and Thursday, August 6 and accommodates utility work. The right lane of 6 Avenue S.W. at 1 Street S.W. will be closed through until 6 p.m. on Monday, August 10.
The right lane of northbound 8 Street S.W. and adjacent sidewalk are closed between 8 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 15. This closure accommodates the 8 Street Underpass project, and is expected to continue until late September. Pedestrians are advised to use the west sidewalk.
The cycle track on 12 Avenue S.E. will be detoured between 3 Street S.E. and Olympic Way S.E. until further notice to accommodate construction.
Southbound 1 Street S.W. will be reduced to one lane between 9 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. this summer to accommodate the 1 Street S.W. underpass enhancement project. At the same time the sidewalk on southbound 1 Street S.W. will be closed. Pedestrians should use the sidewalk on the east side of 1 Street S.W. These closures will be in place until the work on the west side of the underpass is complete.
While the bulk of construction work for the Crowchild Trail/Flanders Avenue Interchange won't begin until September 2015, some initial work to prepare for the Interchange construction process will be underway in coming weeks. This update has been developed to provide as much advance notice as possible on anticipated construction impacts.
- Beginning July 15, Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Starting July 20, preparatory construction work will begin on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound). Flagpeople will be onsite to help direct traffic, but drivers should expect some delays.
Also starting July 20, work will be underway on the new on-ramp for southbound Crowchild Trail. This work should not affect traffic flows.
Summer Construction Projects
Now that summer is here, Roads construction projects are ramping up. For more information, visit Calgary.ca/paving.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.