Calgary road closures - March 15, 2017
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions press release
March 15, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: Reduced lanes on southbound 52 Street N.E. at McKnight Boulevard N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, March 16. This closure accommodates utility work.
NEW: Reduced lanes on eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 16. This closure accommodates construction.
Various reduced lanes on Country Hills Boulevard N.E. between Deerfoot Trail and Barlow Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, March 14. These closures continue daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 14 and accommodate streetlight work.
There will be no access to Taravista Drive N.E. from northbound Saddletowne Circle N.E. on weekend days from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. beginning on Saturday, February 25. Motorists will be detoured to 80 Avenue / Tarawood Lane N.E. via signage during the closure. This closure repeats during weekend days during these hours until further notice and accommodates construction.
Reduced lanes at Nose Hill Drive and Hawkstone Drive N.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 17 and accommodates construction.
- Daily lane reductions on Sarcee Trail N.W. and 16 Avenue N.W. through the project limits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until further notice.
- The right lane of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at Sarcee Trail N.W. daily from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Thursday, March 2. This closure repeats daily on weekdays until late April 2017.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
- There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, March 13 until Friday, March 17.
- There will be various lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail between 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard and Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, March 13 until Friday, March 17.
- For more information, visit the project page
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
Reduced lanes at 4 Street S.W. and 14 Avenue S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning on Wednesday, March 15. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 17 and accommodates utility work.
The two right lanes of 6 Avenue S.W. are closed between 8 Street S.W. and 9 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on weekdays beginning on Thursday, March 9. This closure continues daily on weekdays during these hours, and also on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. This closure accommodates utility work and continues until further notice.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track on 5 Street S.W. between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 11. Cycle track traffic will be diverted to the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 17 and accommodates utility work.
- Reduced lanes on southbound 1 Street S.E. between 15 Avenue and 17 Avenue S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 15.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 7 Street and 8 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, March 1. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Friday, March 31.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Southwest Ring Road Project
Work is underway on the Southwest Ring Road project. For more information on work happening, visit http://www.swcrrproject.com/traffic-updates/