Police arrest three after finding over $123,000 worth of drugs
The Calgary Police Service Drug Unit has charged three individuals after an investigation found over $123,000 worth of drugs at a home in the Winston Heights-Mountainview community.
On Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015, police executed a search warrant in the 600 block of 21 Avenue N.E. as part of an ongoing investigation. Drugs were found inside the home and two suspects were taken into custody. A third suspect was taken into custody at another location the same day.
The next day, police returned to the residence to search a vehicle and found more drugs inside.
In total, police seized:
- 10,600.1 grams of marihuana, worth approximately $105,000
- 915.1 grams of magic mushrooms, worth approximately $9,100
- 410 grams of cannabis candy shapes, worth approximately $4,100
- 36.2 grams of cocaine, worth approximately $3,600
- 122.7 grams of hashish, worth approximately $1,200
- 420.6 grams of an unknown brown liquid in syringes (suspected of being hash oil)
- 9.9 grams of an unknown brown powder
- $15,000 in Canadian currency
Andrea Susan WOOD, 30, of Calgary, is charged with five counts of trafficking a controlled substance, three counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking and six counts of possession of property obtained by crime.
Shane David EMOND, 37, of Calgary, is charged with three counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking and one count of possession of property obtained by crime.
Corey Adam LEGAULT, 28, of Calgary, is charged with two counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking and one count of possession of property obtained by crime. More charges are also still pending against LEGAULT.
The three accused will next appear in court on Friday, Oct. 30, 2015.