Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – November 20, 2015
NEW: Metis Trail will experience various lane closures at 64 Ave. N.E. from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21 due Enmax light changes.
NEW: Edmonton Trail N.E. will be reduced to one lane in both directions at 35 Ave. N.E from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21.
NEW: Edmonton Trail will be reduced to one lane northbound at 4 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 23.
NEW: The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of northbound Centre Street N and 20 Ave. N.E. will be closed from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21 due to construction.
Country Hills Boulevard N.E. will experience various lane closures eastbound at Barlow Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 until 9 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 22 due to utility work.
36 Street N.E. will be reduced to one lane northbound at 25 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 due to pedestrian bridge work.
Coral Springs Boulevard N.E. will see westbound lane closures at 68 Street N.E. from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25 due to utility work.
16 Avenue N.E. will be reduced to two lanes eastbound at 1 Street N.E. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. until Wednesday, Dec. 23 due to construction.
Beaverdam Road N.E. north of 6 Street N.E. will experience various lane closures between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily until Tuesday, Dec.15 due to construction. Flagmen personnel will be onsite directing traffic during this time.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
NEW: Centre Street N is reduced to one lane in both directions at 15 Ave. N.W. from 7 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21 until 9 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 22 due to water repair work.
NEW: Centre Street N is reduced to one lane both directions between McKnight Boulevard N.W. and Thorncrest Road N.W. from 7 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21 until 8 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 22 due to utility work. During this time, McKnight Boulevard N.W. is reduced to one lane westbound at Centre Street N.
NEW: 24 Ave. N.W. is reduced to one lane westbound at Crowchild Trail N.W. from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21.
NEW: 2 Ave. N.W. is closed westbound at 9 Street N.W. from 7 a.m. on Saturday, November 21 until 7 p.m. on Sunday, November 22 due to construction.
13 Avenue N.W. is reduced to a single lane in Shouldice Athletic Park until 5 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 due to tunnelling work.
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane in each direction closed at 24 Avenue N.W. for signal work daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. until Sunday, Nov. 15 due to intersection improvements. Ramps to eastbound and westbound 24 Ave. N.W. will also be closed. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- A new detour at 16 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. opened on Wednesday, September 2. This detour is expected to last until late 2016, and accommodates the construction of the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road N.W. Interchange project.
NEW: Glenmore Trail is reduced to two lanes both direction east of Blackfoot Trail from 5 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 21 to 9 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 21 due to road construction.
NEW: Macleod Trail at 34 Avenue S.E. / Spiller Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 22 to allow for partial paving of roadway for gas main project. There will be no access to either 34 Avenue S.E. or Spiller Road from Macleod Trail. The intersection of Spiller Road at 34 Avenue S.E. will also be closed with traffic directed to use either Macleod Trail or Dartmouth Road to bypass closure.
NEW: 42 Avenue S.E. is closed at 16A Street S.E. from 6 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21 until 9 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 22 to allow for gas main upgrades. Traffic will be directed to use Highfield Boulevard and Ogden Road to bypass the construction.
17 Ave S.E. will be reduced to one lane eastbound at 84 Street S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until Tuesday, Nov. 24.
- NEW: Barlow Trail is closed southbound between Glenmore Trail and 90 Avenue S.E. from 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20 until 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 23 for utility upgrades related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks hauling material roadway in off-peak hours until the end of November, related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, which will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. will see various closures until early December due to traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. until 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: The two westbound lanes of 17 Avenue S.W are closed between 1 Street and 2 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 22 due to water services work. Two-way traffic will be directed in the two eastbound lanes of 17 Avenue S.W.
NEW: 1 Street S.W. is closed between 9 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 due to underpass work.
NEW: 5 Street S.W. is closed between 2 Avenue and 3 Avenue S.W. from 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 22 for work on the +15 Bridge at the Eau Claire Tower Project.
NEW: 10 Avenue S.W. is closed between 4 Street and 5 Street S.W. on from 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 until 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 22 due to utilities work.
NEW: 5 Street S.W. is closed northbound, and cycle track and eastside sidewalk are closed, between 11 Avenue and 12 Avenue S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 23.
NEW: 12 Avenue S.W. is reduced to one lane at 10 Street S.W., and 10 Street S.W. is closed between 11 Avenue and 12 Avenue S.W., from 9 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 23 until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, November 24. The cycle track will remain open.
10 Avenue S.W. is closed between 17 Street and 19 Street S.W., and 18 Street S.W. is closed between 10 Avenue and 11 Avenue S.W. This closure will remain in place until Sunday, Nov. 22 and accommodates water services
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
City of Calgary Traffic
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.