Calgary road closures – October 7, 2015
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – October 7, 2015
NEW: The right lane of northbound Centre Street N is closed at 22 Avenue N.E. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, October 8. This closure accommodates crane work.
52 Street N.E. is closed between Country Hills Boulevard N.E. and Skyview Ranch Drive N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday, October 3. Motorists are advised to use Metis Trail N.E. as a detour during this closure. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 17 and accommodates construction.
The westbound lanes of Country Hills Boulevard N.E. at Barlow Trail N.E. is closed and through traffic will be diverted through the intersection via the turn bay beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, October 5. This closure will continue until 6 p.m. on Thursday, November 5 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of northbound 52 Street N.E. is closed at Template Drive N.E. daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. until mid-October. This closure accommodates sidewalk construction.
- There will be no access from eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. to Aviation Road N.E., as well as no access from Aviation Road N.E. to eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. beginning on Thursday September 10. This closure continues through the end of the 2015 construction season.
- The left lane of eastbound and westbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. is closed and the speed is reduced to 50 km/hr. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Friday, August 21. This closure continues until October as part of the McKnight Boulevard widening project.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
NEW: Eastbound Memorial Drive N.W. is closed at 10 Street N.W. and a two-way setup will be in place in the westbound lanes between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Thursday, October 8. This closure accommodates Enmax work.
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane in each direction closed at 24 Avenue N.W. for signal work from Monday, August 17 daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. During this closure, the ramps to eastbound and westbound 24 Avenue N.W. will also be closed. This closure continues until Sunday, November 15 and accommodates intersection improvements. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- A new detour at 16 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. opened on Wednesday, September 2. This detour is expected to last until late 2016, and accommodates the construction of the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road N.W. Interchange project.
- The left lane of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be closed at Bowfort Road N.W. between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily.
NEW: Westbound 9 Avenue S.E. is closed at 4 Street S.E. and a two-way setup will be installed in the eastbound lanes between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 8 and Friday, October 9. This closure accommodates construction.
- NEW: Eastbound and westbound Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail and eastbound 162 Avenue S.E. west of Macleod Trail will have various single lanes closed from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, October 8 for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting at 5 a.m. Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
- NEW: The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail north of 25 Avenue S.E. across the Victoria bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, October 9 to allow for work related to Victoria Bridge re-hab project.
- NEW: The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail north of 25 Avenue S.E. across the Victoria bridge from 7 p.m. Friday, October 9 to 6 a.m. Saturday, October 10 allow for work related to Victoria Bridge re-hab project.
- The northbound lanes on Macleod Trail, north of 25 Street S.E. across the Victoria Bridge are now on final alignment. Some sidewalk and minor concrete work remains. Please pay attention in this area.
- The exit ramp allowing U-turns from southbound 1 Street S.E. to northbound Macleod Trail, north of 25 Avenue S.E. will be closed until late October.
- The regional pathway link to the Macleod Trail bridge deck (Victoria Bridge) will also remain closed until late October. Pathway users will be directed to use the 1 Street S.E. link one block to the west.
Various lane closures at Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. beginning at 12 a.m. on Wednesday, September 16. This closure remains in place until early December 2015 and accommodates traffic signal work.
- Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail will have various lane closures until October. During this time the speed limit on Glenmore Trail will be reduced to 50 km/h between Macleod Trail and Deerfoot Trail for the duration of construction, expected to last until October.
- The pedestrian underpass and sidewalk connection under Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail S.E. will be closed for work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects. Pedestrians will be directed to use Macleod Trail to cross Glenmore Trail. The pedestrian underpass is anticipated to be closed until October.
- Three bridges on Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail, including Glenmore Trail over 11 Street S.E., Glenmore Trail over Fairmount Drive and Glenmore Trail over the CP/LRT tracks, will have various lane closures until October. During construction, there will be various stages which will require traffic pattern changes on Glenmore Trail and numerous lane closures on both Glenmore Trail and Centre Street S / Fairmount Drive S.E. under Glenmore Trail S.E.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. beginning at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour. This closure will continue until 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 2 and accommodates construction of the National Music Centre.
Various lanes of 94 Avenue S.E. between 52 Street S.E. and 68 Street S.E. will be closed until Wednesday Oct. 30 for new road construction.
The right lane of southbound 3 Street S.E. is closed between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E. This closure accommodates the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project.
The two right lanes of 9 Avenue S.W. between 3 Street S.W. and 4 Street S.W. will be closed nightly between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
4 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane in each direction between 9 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. until Sept. 30. This closure is for construction of the +60 pedestrian bridge at the National Music Centre.
NEW: Northbound 8 Street S.W. is closed between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. will be closed beginning at 9 p.m. on Thursday, October 8 and continuing until 5 a.m. on Friday, October 9. This closure accommodates work on the 8 Street Underpass Enhancement project.
The southbound lanes of 14 Street S.W. south of Anderson Road will be closed and directed to the east side of roadway into a two-way traffic detour on the northbound lanes of 14 Street S.W. starting at 6 a.m. Saturday, October 3 for a duration of approximately 10 days, to allow for surface improvements and utility upgrades. 14 Street S.W. will open to new lane marking alignments once construction is completed.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue.Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
The right lane will continue be closed and the speed limit reduced to 60 km/h daily and nightly on eastbound Glenmore Trail (HWY 8)west of Sarcee Trail, until the end of October, to allow for storm sewer repairs. The lane closure will be removed daily between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. Monday to Friday, to reduce impact to the a.m. commuting traffic.
The right lane of 5 Street S.W. between 8 Avenue and 9 Avenue S.W. is closed beginning at 6 a.m. on Monday, September 28. An additional right lane will be closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly at this location. This closure continues until 6 p.m. on Thursday, October 8 and accommodates utility work.
- Starting Monday, Sept. 28, the traffic signals on 9 Street S.W. at the intersections of 4 Avenue, 5 Avenue and 6 Avenue S.W. will operate in a pre-empted manner to coordinate with C-Train activity. Motorists and pedestrians are advised to pay extra attention. Learn more at Calgary.ca.
The right lane of 1 Street S.W. between 5 Avenue And 6 Avenue S.W. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. daily beginning on Thursday, September 24. This closure accommodates glass repair and will continue daily during these hours until Friday, October 9.
Single lane closure of both northbound and southbound 8 Street S.W. between 8 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. until Thursday, October 8. This closure accommodates the 8 Street Underpass project. Pedestrians are advised to use the west sidewalk.
The cycle track on 12 Avenue S.E. will be detoured between 3 Street S.E. and Olympic Way S.E. until further notice to accommodate construction.
Southbound 1 Street S.W. will be reduced to one lane between 9 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. this summer to accommodate the 1 Street S.W. underpass enhancement project. At the same time, the sidewalk on southbound 1 Street S.W. will be closed. Pedestrians should use the sidewalk on the east side of 1 Street S.W. These closures will be in place until the work on the west side of the underpass is complete.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.