Calgary road closures – October 26, 2015
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – October 26, 2015
NEW: The left lanes of northbound and southbound Centre Street N between 13 Avenue N.E. and 14 Avenue N.E. are closed between 7 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, October 27. This closure accommodates sanitary line inspections.
NEW: Various left lanes closures on both eastbound and westbound Airport Tunnel daily from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, October 27. This closure accommodates annual inspections and remains in place until 3 p.m. on Friday, October 30.
NEW: The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of eastbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. is closed west of Coventry Hills Boulevard N.E. between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday, October 27. This closure accommodates utility work.
The westbound lanes of Country Hills Boulevard N.E. are closed at Barlow Trail N.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, October 12. During this closure through traffic will be diverted through new lanes added to the left-turn bay on Country Hills Boulevard at Barlow Trail N.E. This closure remains in place until 6 p.m. on Thursday, November 5 and accommodates construction.
The westbound lanes of Country Hills Boulevard N.E. at Barlow Trail N.E. is closed and through traffic will be diverted through the intersection via the turn bay beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, October 5. This closure will continue until 6 p.m. on Thursday, November 5 and accommodates construction.
- There will be no access from eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. to Aviation Road N.E., as well as no access from Aviation Road N.E. to eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. beginning on Thursday September 10. This closure continues through the end of the 2015 construction season.
- The left lane of eastbound and westbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. is closed and the speed is reduced to 50 km/hr. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Friday, August 21. This closure continues until the end of October as part of the McKnight Boulevard widening project.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
14 Avenue N.W. is closed between 20A Street N.W. and 20 Street N.W. beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 16. This closure continues until 6 p.m. on Friday, October 30 and accommodates road construction.
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane in each direction closed at 24 Avenue N.W. for signal work from Monday, August 17 daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. During this closure, the ramps to eastbound and westbound 24 Avenue N.W. will also be closed. This closure continues until Sunday, November 15 and accommodates intersection improvements. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- A new detour at 16 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. opened on Wednesday, September 2. This detour is expected to last until late 2016, and accommodates the construction of the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road N.W. Interchange project.
The two left lanes of Macleod Trail S.E. are closed at 9 Avenue S.E. beginning at 11 p.m. on Monday, October 26. During this time, the centre lanes of Macleod Trail north of 9 Avenue S.E. are also closed, as are the two right lanes of 9 Avenue S.E. at Macleod Trail S.E. This closure remains in place until 5 a.m. on Tuesday, October 27 and accommodates utility work.
- The left lane will be closed in each direction on Macleod Trail north of 162 Avenue S.E. from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly starting Thursday, October 22 until Saturday, October 31 for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/hr. that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting at 5 a.m. Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
- The northbound lanes on Macleod Trail, north of 25 Street S.E. across the Victoria Bridge are now on final alignment. Some sidewalk and minor concrete work remains. Please pay attention in this area.
- The exit ramp allowing U-turns from southbound 1 Street S.E. to northbound Macleod Trail, north of 25 Avenue S.E. will be closed until late October.
- The regional pathway link to the Macleod Trail bridge deck (Victoria Bridge) will also remain closed until late October. Pathway users will be directed to use the 1 Street S.E. link one block to the west.
Various lane closures at Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. beginning at 12 a.m. on Wednesday, September 16. This closure remains in place until early December 2015 and accommodates traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. beginning at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour. This closure will continue until 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 2 and accommodates construction of the National Music Centre.
Various lanes of 94 Avenue S.E. between 52 Street S.E. and 68 Street S.E. will be closed until Friday, October 30 for new road construction.
The right lane of southbound 3 Street S.E. is closed between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E. This closure accommodates the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue.Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
The right lane will continue be closed and the speed limit reduced to 60 km/h daily and nightly on eastbound Glenmore Trail (HWY 8)west of Sarcee Trail, until the end of October, to allow for storm sewer repairs. The lane closure will be removed daily between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. Monday to Friday, to reduce impact to the a.m. commuting traffic.
- Starting Monday, Sept. 28, the traffic signals on 9 Street S.W. at the intersections of 4 Avenue, 5 Avenue and 6 Avenue S.W. will operate in a pre-empted manner to coordinate with C-Train activity. Motorists and pedestrians are advised to pay extra attention. Learn more at Calgary.ca.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.