Calgary road closures – November 30, 2015
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – November 30, 2015
NEW: The left lane of southbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 25 Avenue N.E. between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, December 1. This closure accommodates work on a pedestrian bridge.
McKnight Boulevard N.E. is reduced to two lanes eastbound at 36 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, November 30. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, December 2 and accommodates utility work.
The right lane of westbound Centre Avenue N.E. is closed between Meridian Drive and Moraine Road N.E. daily from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. beginning on Monday, November 30. The closure continues until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, December 2 and accommodates water services work.
16 Avenue N.E. will be reduced to two lanes eastbound at 1 Street N.E. on weekdays (Monday – Friday) between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. until Wednesday, Dec. 23 due to construction.
Beaverdam Road N.E. north of 6 Street N.E. will experience various lane closures between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily until Tuesday, Dec.15 due to construction. Flagmen personnel will be onsite directing traffic during this time.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
NEW: Starting on Wednesday, December 2 and continuing until late December, there will be various stages of construction with small sections of roadway being closed on Erlton Street between 30 Avenue S.W. and 34 Avenue S.W. to allow for gas main upgrades. Through traffic will be directed to use either Macleod Trail or 4 Street S.W. to bypass the closures. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of residential access to a minimum.
NEW: Northbound Macleod Trail north of 162 Avenue S.E., will have various single lane closures from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday, December 1 to allow work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
The right lane will be closed on northbound and southbound 52 Street S.E. at Copperfield Gate and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily starting Friday, November 27 and continuing until mid-December for new traffic signal installation.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks hauling material roadway in off-peak hours until the end of November, related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, which will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. will see various closures until early December due to traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. until 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: The right lane of southbound 8 Street S.W. is closed between 15 Avenue and 16 Avenue S.W. between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, December 1. This closure accommodates construction.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Auburn Bay Festival of Lights – Saturday, December 5 – 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Parade route runs from Auburn Bay Community Association, westbound to Auburn Bay Boulevard, to Auburn Bay Avenue then to Auburn Spring Boulevard. This will be a rolling closure with Calgary Police presence.
Annual Lion’s Festival of Lights
14 Street N.W. between 24 Avenue N.W. and Rosehill Drive N.W. will have slow moving traffic nightly from November 28 until January 8. Motorists should use extra care, be aware of pedestrians and reduce their speed in this area.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.