Calgary road closures – November 3, 2015
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – November 3, 2015
NEW: The two left lanes of westbound Airport Tunnel will be closed and the speed reduced to 50 km/hr. from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, November 5. This closure accommodates maintenance work.
NEW: The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. is closed at 1 Street N.E. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursday, November 5 and Friday, November 6. This closure accommodates construction.
Southbound Centre Street N is closed at 6 Avenue S.W. nightly from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. beginning on Tuesday, November 3 at 7 p.m. This closure continues nightly during these hours until 5 a.m. on Friday, November 6 and accommodates construction.
Various closures on Beaverdam Road N.E. north of 6 Street N.E. between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily beginning on Tuesday, November 3. Flagmen personnel will be onsite directing traffic during this time. These closures continue daily during these hours until 6 p.m. on Tuesday, December 15 and accommodate utility construction.
The westbound lanes of Country Hills Boulevard N.E. at Barlow Trail N.E. is closed and through traffic will be diverted through the intersection via the turn bay beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, October 5. This closure will continue until 6 p.m. on Thursday, November 5 and accommodates construction.
- There will be no access from eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. to Aviation Road N.E., as well as no access from Aviation Road N.E. to eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. beginning on Thursday September 10. This closure continues through the end of the 2015 construction season.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
NEW: 13 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to a single lane in Shouldice Athletic Park beginning at 8 a.m. on Thursday, November 5. During the closure, motorists are advised to yield to oncoming traffic and watch for pedestrians. This closure remains in place until 5 a.m. on Friday, November 20 and accommodates tunneling work.
The two left lanes of 1 Street S.E. are closed between 4 Avenue S.E. and 5 Avenue S.E. between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 7. This closure accommodates glass repair.
McKnight Boulevard N.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Edmonton Trail N.E. and 4 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning on Thursday, October 29. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, November 6. This closure accommodates concrete work.
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane in each direction closed at 24 Avenue N.W. for signal work from Monday, August 17 daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. During this closure, the ramps to eastbound and westbound 24 Avenue N.W. will also be closed. This closure continues until Sunday, November 15 and accommodates intersection improvements. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- A new detour at 16 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. opened on Wednesday, September 2. This detour is expected to last until late 2016, and accommodates the construction of the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road N.W. Interchange project.
NEW: Westbound Riverfront Avenue S.E. will be closed between 2 Avenue S.E. and Centre Street S between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Wednesday, November 4. During this closure, the right lane of northbound Centre Street Bridge (Lower Deck) will also be closed. This closure accommodates traffic signal work.
52 Street S.E. northbound and southbound at 23 Avenue S.E. will have daily closures in the left lane and left turn bays, and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays until November 10 for roadway construction.
- Northbound Macleod Trail north of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard will have multiple lanes from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, November 1, to allow for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange. Alternate routes are recommended as major delays are expected. Macleod Trail northbound will then open to a temporary detour with newly shifted lane marking alignments and a speed reduction of 50 km/h in the northbound lanes. In addition traffic delays are expected on the entrance ramp from westbound Sun Valley Boulevard to northbound Macleod Trail as the present added lane condition on the entrance ramp will be revised to a yield condition to accommodate this stage of construction. This lane shift is expected to last until mid-November.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks crossing roadway in off-peak hours starting Tuesday, November 3 and continuing until the end of November, for hauling material related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting at 5 a.m. Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
- The northbound lanes on Macleod Trail, north of 25 Street S.E. across the Victoria Bridge are now on final alignment. Some sidewalk and minor concrete work remains. Please pay attention in this area.
Various lane closures at Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. beginning at 12 a.m. on Wednesday, September 16. This closure remains in place until early December 2015 and accommodates traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. beginning at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour. This closure will continue until 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 2 and accommodates construction of the National Music Centre.
The right lane of southbound 3 Street S.E. is closed between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E. This closure accommodates the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project.
NEW: 2 Avenue S.W. is closed between 5 Street S.W. and 6 Street S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, November 6. This closure accommodates concrete work.
Beginning on Thursday, October 29, 13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become on-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W. This closure will remain in place until late January 2016 and accommodates deep utility installation. Motorists are advised to watch for detour signage and use alternate routes.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue.Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.