Calgary road closures – December 29, 2015
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – December 29, 2015
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. until 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. will see various closures until early December due to traffic signal work.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
Update: The right southbound lane and adjacent sidewalk are closed on the 4 Street S.W. (Mission Bridge) between Roxboro Road S.W. and 26 Avenue S.W. between 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Wednesday, December 30. This closure accommodates bridge maintenance.
Update: The right northbound lane and adjacent sidewalk are closed on the 4 Street S.W. (Mission Bridge) between Roxboro Road S.W. and 26 Avenue S.W. between 11 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 30. This closure accommodates bridge maintenance.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Mac’s Midget International Hockey Tournament
- The Max Bell Arena entrance and exit will be limited to right-in and right out traffic onto Barlow Trail S.W. from Saturday, December 26 to Saturday, January 2. This is to facilitate traffic flow.
- Police will be onsite directing traffic
New Year’s Eve Celebration
- From Tuesday, December 29 at 9 a.m., through Saturday, January 2, the left lane of MacLeod Trail northbound between 7 – 8 Avenue SE will be closed.
- On Thursday, December 31, MacLeod Trail SE northbound will be closed from 3 p.m. – 3 a.m. at 9 Avenue SE.
Annual Lion’s Festival of Lights
14 Street N.W. between 24 Avenue N.W. and Rosehill Drive N.W. will have slow moving traffic nightly from November 28 until January 8. Motorists should use extra care, be aware of pedestrians and reduce their speed in this area.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.