Calgary road closures - September 15, 2015
- There will be no access from eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. to Aviation Road N.E., as well as no access from Aviation Road N.E. to eastbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. beginning on Thursday September 10. This closure continues through the end of the 2015 construction season.
- The left lane of eastbound and westbound McKnight Boulevard N.E. is closed and the speed is reduced to 50 km/hr. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Friday, August 21. This closure continues until the end of September as part of the McKnight Boulevard widening project.
Southbound 36 Street N.E. is closed between 32 Avenue N.E. and 26 Avenue N.E. and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning Monday, August 24. During weekends, this closure will be extended between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. This closure continues daily until 3 p.m. on Friday, September 25 and accommodates construction of a turn lane.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
Eastbound and westbound John Laurie Boulevard N.W. at McKnight Boulevard N.W. are reduced to a single lane daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Monday, September 14. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, September 18 and accommodates concrete work.
Northbound 14 Street N.W. at John Laurie Boulevard N.W. is reduced to a single lane daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, September 14. During this closure the ramp from westbound John Laurie Boulevard N.W. to northbound 14 Street N.W. will be closed. This closure continues daily during these hours until the end of September and accommodates utility work.
Eastbound Beddington Trail N.W. will be reduced to a single lane at Hidden Valley Link N.W. between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily until the end of September. This closure accommodates sound barrier installation
The right lane of southbound 10 Street N.W. at 2 Avenue N.W. will be closed until the end of September. This closure accommodates construction
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane in each direction closed at 24 Avenue N.W. for signal work from Monday, August 17 daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. During this closure, the ramps to eastbound and westbound 24 Avenue N.W. will also be closed. This closure continues until Sunday, November 15 and accommodates intersection improvements. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- A new detour at 16 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. opened on Wednesday, September 2. This detour is expected to last until late 2016, and accommodates the construction of the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road N.W. Interchange project.
- The left lane of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be closed at Bowfort Road N.W. between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily.
The two right lanes of Macleod Trail S.E. at 5 Avenue S.E. are closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily beginning on Monday, September 14. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, September 16 and accommodates signal work.
The left lane will be closed and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h on northbound and southbound Barlow Trail S.E. at Shepard Road S.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, beginning Wednesday, September 9 until Wednesday, September 23, to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project.
- NEW: The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail north of 25 Avenue S.E. across the Victoria bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, September 16, to allow for work related to Victoria Bridge re-hab project.
- The northbound lanes on Macleod Trail, north of 25 Street S.E. have been temporarily realigned as part of the Victoria Bridge Rehabilitation Project. Please pay attention in this area.
- The exit ramp allowing U-turns from southbound 1 Street S.E. to northbound Macleod Trail, north of 25 Avenue S.E. will be closed until late September.
- The regional pathway link to the Macleod Trail bridge deck (Victoria Bridge) will also be closed. Pathway users will be directed to use the 1 Street S.E. link one block to the west.
- Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail will have various lane closures until October. During this time the speed limit on Glenmore Trail will be reduced to 50 km/h between Macleod Trail and Deerfoot Trail for the duration of construction, expected to last until October.
- The pedestrian underpass and sidewalk connection under Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail S.E. will be closed for work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects. Pedestrians will be directed to use Macleod Trail to cross Glenmore Trail. The pedestrian underpass is anticipated to be closed until September.
- Three bridges on Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail, including Glenmore Trail over 11 Street S.E., Glenmore Trail over Fairmount Drive and Glenmore Trail over the CP/LRT tracks, will have various lane closures until October. During construction, there will be various stages which will require traffic pattern changes on Glenmore Trail and numerous lane closures on both Glenmore Trail and Centre Street S / Fairmount Drive S.E. under Glenmore Trail S.E.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. beginning at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour. This closure will continue until 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 2 and accommodates construction of the National Music Centre.
Various lanes of 94 Avenue S.E. between 52 Street S.E. and 68 Street S.E. will be closed until Wednesday Sept. 30 for new road construction.
The right lane of southbound 3 Street S.E. is closed between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E. This closure accommodates the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project.
The two right lanes of 9 Avenue S.W. between 3 Street S.W. and 4 Street S.W. will be closed nightly between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
4 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane in each direction between 9 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. until Sept. 30. This closure is for construction of the +60 pedestrian bridge at the National Music Centre.
101 Street S.W. is closed between Lower Springbank Road S.W. and Highway 8 beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, September 9. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Friday, September 18 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of northbound 8 Street S.W. and adjacent sidewalk are closed between 8 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. until late September. This closure accommodates the 8 Street Underpass project. Pedestrians are advised to use the west sidewalk.
The cycle track on 12 Avenue S.E. will be detoured between 3 Street S.E. and Olympic Way S.E. until further notice to accommodate construction.
Southbound 1 Street S.W. will be reduced to one lane between 9 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. this summer to accommodate the 1 Street S.W. underpass enhancement project. At the same time, the sidewalk on southbound 1 Street S.W. will be closed. Pedestrians should use the sidewalk on the east side of 1 Street S.W. These closures will be in place until the work on the west side of the underpass is complete.
- NEW: The northbound and southbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently close until late 2016. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue.Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.