Calgary road closures - October 4, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – October 4, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
Centre Street N is reduced to one lane in each direction from 55 Avenue to 56 Avenue N.E. for water services emergency work from 7 a.m. on Monday, October 3 until 6 p.m. on Tuesday, October 4.
NEW: The left lane of Metis Trail N.E. is closed both directions between 64 Avenue and 80 Avenue N.E. from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily from Tuesday, October 4 until Friday, October 7.
NEW: The right lane of southbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 24 Avenue N.E. from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, October 5.
NEW: Various lane closures and a two-way-traffic set-up in place on Castleridge Boulevard N.E. between 54 Avenue N.E. and Westwinds Crescent N.E. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, October 5.
NEW: The right lane of southbound Centre Street N is closed at 31 Avenue N.E. from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 5.
Various lane closures at the intersection of 20 Avenue N.E. and 34 Street N.E. from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily from Tuesday, October 4 until Saturday, October 8 due to excavation.
Lane closures both directions on 36 Street N.E at 12 Avenue N.E. from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning on Monday, October 3 until Wednesday, October 12 due to construction.
Various single lane closures on northbound 19 Street N.E. between 3 Avenue N.E. and Matador Crescent N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, October 3. These closure continue daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, October 14 and accommodates sidewalk work.
The right lane of northbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 25 Avenue N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Sunday, September 25 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, October 30 due to construction.
Reduced lanes in both directions of Country Hills Boulevard N.E. between Deerfoot Trail and Freeport Drive N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. beginning on Monday, September 19. This closure continues daily during these hours on weekdays, and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends through Saturday, October 8. This closure accommodate curb rehabilitation work.
Various lane closures in all directions at Memorial Drive N.E. and Edmonton Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning on Monday, September 12. Motorists are advised to expect delays in the area. This closure accommodates the Memorial Drive at Edmonton Trail improvement project.
NEW: The right lane and east sidewalk of eastbound 8 Avenue N.W. at 10 Street N.W. is closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. om Wednesday, October 5.
The right lane of southbound Sarcee Trail N.W. is closed at 16 Avenue N.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until Saturday, October 8. The right lane of northbound Sarcee Trail is also closed at 16 Avenue N.W. from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily until Saturday, October 8.
The right lane of westbound 16 Avenue and north sidewalk at 14 Street N.W. is closed from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from Tuesday, October 4 until Thursday, October 6 due to construction.
144 Avenue N.W. is closed between Centre Street North and 14 Street N.W. for roadway upgrades through November 2016.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until further notice. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W.; use an alternate route.
NEW: The right lane of northbound Barlow Trail S.E. is closed at Memorial Drive S.E. from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, October 5 for utility work.
17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.E until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 due to the 17 Avenue SW Construction project.
38 Avenue S.E. will be closed in single block sections between 16A Street S.E. and Ogden Road S.E. until 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 due to construction.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 50 km/h at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail and Southland Drive during periods of construction activity. This work is related to the Southland Dr and Blackfoot Trail intersection improvements for 2016.
- The left turns from east and west 58 Avenue S.E. onto Blackfoot Trail, will be revised starting on Wednesday, August 3. The optional dual left turn will be removed and traffic will only be able to make single left turns. This is required as an interim measure to accommodate the next phase of construction and is anticipated to be in place for several weeks.
- Access to southbound Macleod Trail from the shopping Centre located north of 162 Avenue S.E. will close to accommodate the next phase of construction. Traffic will be required to exit the shopping Centre at the west entrance on Shawville Boulevard and connect to either 162 Avenue S.E. or Shawnessy Boulevard to access Macleod Trail.
- Various single lane closures in all directions at Glenmore Trail and 52 Street S.E. from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily beginning on Monday, September 19.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
NEW: The right lane of Sarcee Trail S.W. is closed both direction at 16 Avenue S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from Wednesday, October 5 until Friday, October 7, and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday October 8.
NEW: The eastbound right lane of Glenmore Trail S.W. is shortened approximately 100 meters prior to Sarcee Trail S.W. from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily on Wednesday, October 5 and Thursday, October 6 due to site preparation of the ring road.
The left lane and north sidewalk of 9 Avenue S.W. is closed at 8 Street S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from Tuesday, October 4 until Saturday, October 8.
10 Street S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 6 Avenue S.W. and 7 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays until October 22. This closure accommodates construction.
4 Street S.W. is reduced to two left lanes between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Friday, October 28 due to the 4 Street SW underpass enhancement project.
38 Avenue S.W. is closed between 13 Street S.W. and 14 Street S.W. until 7 p.m. on Friday, October 14. This closure accommodates City of Calgary’s water utility replacement program.
1A Street S.W. is closed at 61 Avenue S.W. until 8 p.m. on Friday, October 7 due to the 61 Avenue S.W. Greenway Corridor project.
13 Avenue S.W. is closed between 4 Street and 5 Street S.W. until 4 p.m. on Friday, October 7 due to construction.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 1 Street and 2 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, September 26. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Sunday, October 9.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 2 Street and 4 Street S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 22. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Friday, October 7.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.W. beginning at 12 p.m. on Friday, September 16. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of southbound 8 Street S.W. between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. is closed until October 2016. The west sidewalk on 8 Street S.W. in this stretch will be closed. This closure accommodates work on the 8 Street S.W. underpass project.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
The Timber Stairs on 6 Street N.E. between 4 Avenue and 7 Avenue N.E. are closed due to life cycle replacement until the beginning of November, 2016. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured west one block to 5 street N.E.
Traffic on 7 Street S.E. may be reduced to one lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m from Monday, August 22 until Sunday, October 30, 2016. Pedestrian traffic on 7 Street S.E. will be detoured to the east side of Elbow River for the duration of the project.
Prince’s Island Park Bridge
The Prince’s Island Park pedestrian bridge to Memorial Drive will be partially closed until October 21, 2016 and accommodates replacement of a non-slip coating.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.