Calgary road closures - October 26, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – October 26, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
New: The turning lane from McKnight Blvd N.E. onto 19 Street N.E. will be closed from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27 for construction.
Country Hills Boulevard N.E. between Freeport Drive N.E. and Barlow Trail N.E. will experience various lane closures daily from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. until the end of November.
The right lane of northbound 36 Street N.E. will be closed at 25 Avenue N.E. until 6 p.m. on Sunday, October 30 due to construction.
There will be various lane closures in all directions at Memorial Drive N.E. and Edmonton Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This closure accommodates the Memorial Drive at Edmonton Trail improvement project.
New: The Off-ramp from Crowchild TR N.W. to Brisebois DR N.W. will be closed from 9 p.m. on Oct. 27 to 5 p.m. on Oct. 28 for concrete work. The centre lane on southbound Northland DR N.W. will also be closed with access to westbound Crowchild Trail N.W. only during this time.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed west of 14 Street N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Thursday, October 27 for construction.
The left turn from northbound Crowchild Trail N.W. on to Kensington Road N.W. will be closed from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. on weekdays in order to reduce traffic congestion during the morning peak.
144 Avenue N.W. is closed between Centre Street North and 14 Street N.W. for roadway upgrades through November.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until further notice. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W.; use an alternate route.
17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.E until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 due to the 17 Avenue SW Construction project.
38 Avenue S.E. is closed in single block sections between 16A Street S.E. and Ogden Road S.E. until 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 due to construction.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- Beginning Saturday, October 15, access to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard will change. Existing ramps will close and new detour ramps will open. The left and right turn bays from northbound Macleod will close. A new exit ramp via the right lane will then open to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection will be formed on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection.
- The alignment of 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard at Macleod Trail will change. East / west traffic will be directed over top of Macleod Trail on a new bridge deck. Traffic signals at Macleod Trail at Sun Valley Boulevard / 162 Avenue S.E. will be eliminated and north/south on Macleod Trail will not have a traffic signal.
- Access to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from southbound Macleod Trail will close. Traffic will detoured to the exit at Midlake Boulevard / Shawnessy Boulevard, plus the exit at Spruce Meadows Trail (22x) / Shawville Boulevard.
- Access to southbound Macleod Trail from the shopping Centre located north of 162 Avenue S.E. will close to accommodate the next phase of construction. Traffic will be required to exit the shopping Centre at the west entrance on Shawville Boulevard and connect to either 162 Avenue S.E. or Shawnessy Boulevard to access Macleod Trail.
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
New: Elveden Drive S.W. will be closed at Elveden Mews S.W. from 7 a.m. on Oct. 27 until 7 p.m. on Nov. 6. A temporary residential parking zone will be set up on Elveden Drive S.W.
9 Street S.W. is reduced to a single lane between 6 Avenue S.W. and 7 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, October 19. During this closure, the left lane and adjacent sidewalk of 6 Avenue S.W. is also closed at 9 Street S.W. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 2 and accommodates construction.
4 Street S.W. is reduced to two left lanes between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Friday, October 28 due to the 4 Street SW underpass enhancement project.
- Centre Street S is closed between 15 Avenue and 17 Avenue S.W. through 7 p.m. on Monday, October 31.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.W. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of southbound 8 Street S.W. between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. is closed until October 2016. The west sidewalk on 8 Street S.W. in this stretch will be closed. This closure accommodates work on the 8 Street S.W. underpass project.
· Drivers are encouraged to avoid Crowchild Trail at Flanders Avenue SW from 11 p.m. Fri., Oct. 28 to 5 a.m. Sat., Oct. 29 as new overhead signage is installed at the Flanders Interchange. During this six-hour window, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction for approximately three to four hours.
· A full closure of both southbound and northbound Crowchild Trail (expected to last up to 10 minutes) will take place near Flanders Avenue during the signage installation.
· The Flanders Interchange, including the three roundabouts and Flanders Bridge, will open to traffic on October 30.
The Timber Stairs on 6 Street N.E. between 4 Avenue and 7 Avenue N.E. are closed due to life cycle replacement until the beginning of November, 2016. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured west one block to 5 street N.E.
Traffic on 7 Street S.E. may be reduced to one lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Sunday, October 30, 2016. Pedestrian traffic on 7 Street S.E. will be detoured to the east side of Elbow River for the duration of the project.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.