Calgary road closures - October 24, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – October 24, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: There will be various lane closures on 36 Street N.E. at Marlborough Drive N.E. from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, October 25 for work on a pedestrian overpass.
NEW: The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. is closed at 1 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, October 25 for construction.
NEW: The left lane of both eastbound and westbound Airport Tunnel are closed from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 25 for maintenance.
NEW: The left lane of southbound Barlow Trail N.E. is closed at 39 Avenue N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for construction,
There will be a traffic pattern change on Country Hills Boulevard N.E. between Freeport Drive N.E. and Barlow Trail N.E. beginning at 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 22. There will be various lane closures in the area from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 22 as a result. This change is expected to last through November 2016.
Various single lane closures at Memorial Drive N.E. between Edmonton Trail N.E. and 4 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, October 24. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26 and accommodates construction.
The left lane of eastbound Memorial Drive S.E. is closed at Deerfoot Trail S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. on Monday, October 24 and Tuesday, October 25 for road work.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of westbound 32 Avenue N.E. is closed between 29 Street and 32 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, October 24. This closure remains in place daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26 and accommodates utility work.
The right lane of northbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 25 Avenue N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Sunday, September 25 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, October 30 due to construction.
Various lane closures in all directions at Memorial Drive N.E. and Edmonton Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Motorists are advised to expect delays in the area. This closure accommodates the Memorial Drive at Edmonton Trail improvement project.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed west of 14 Street N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, October 18. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Thursday, October 27 and accommodates construction.
The left turn back of northbound Crowchild Trail N.W. at Kensington Road N.W. will be closed during the morning peak from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. on weekdays for a Roads traffic study through Friday, November 18.
144 Avenue N.W. is closed between Centre Street North and 14 Street N.W. for roadway upgrades through November 2016.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until further notice. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W.; use an alternate route.
NEW: Highfield Boulevard S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 12 Street S.E. and Ogden Road S.E. beginning at 5 a.m. on Monday, October 24. This closure remains in place until 12 p.m. on Tuesday, November 15 and accommodates construction.
Ogden Road S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 14 Street S.E. and Highfield Boulevard S.E. beginning at 5 a.m. on Monday, October 24. This closure continues until 5 a.m. on Thursday, October 27 and accommodates construction.
17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.E until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 due to the 17 Avenue SW Construction project.
38 Avenue S.E. is closed in single block sections between 16A Street S.E. and Ogden Road S.E. until 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 due to construction.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- Beginning Saturday, October 15, access to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard will change. Existing ramps will close and new detour ramps will open. The left and right turn bays from northbound Macleod will close. A new exit ramp via the right lane will then open to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection will be formed on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection.
- The alignment of 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard at Macleod Trail will change. East / west traffic will be directed over top of Macleod Trail on a new bridge deck. Traffic signals at Macleod Trail at Sun Valley Boulevard / 162 Avenue S.E. will be eliminated and north/south on Macleod Trail will not have a traffic signal.
- Access to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from southbound Macleod Trail will close. Traffic will detoured to the exit at Midlake Boulevard / Shawnessy Boulevard, plus the exit at Spruce Meadows Trail (22x) / Shawville Boulevard.
- Access to southbound Macleod Trail from the shopping Centre located north of 162 Avenue S.E. will close to accommodate the next phase of construction. Traffic will be required to exit the shopping Centre at the west entrance on Shawville Boulevard and connect to either 162 Avenue S.E. or Shawnessy Boulevard to access Macleod Trail.
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily beginning September 19.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
9 Street S.W. is reduced to a single lane between 6 Avenue S.W. and 7 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, October 19. During this closure, the left lane and adjacent sidewalk of 6 Avenue S.W. is also closed at 9 Street S.W. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 2 and accommodates construction.
The left lane is closed both directions on Macleod Trail S.W. at 58 Avenue S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on weekdays and from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays until Tuesday, October 25.
4 Street S.W. is reduced to two left lanes between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Friday, October 28 due to the 4 Street SW underpass enhancement project.
- Update: Centre Street S is closed between 15 Avenue and 17 Avenue S.W. through 7 p.m. on Monday, October 31.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.W. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of southbound 8 Street S.W. between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. is closed until October 2016. The west sidewalk on 8 Street S.W. in this stretch will be closed. This closure accommodates work on the 8 Street S.W. underpass project.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
The Timber Stairs on 6 Street N.E. between 4 Avenue and 7 Avenue N.E. are closed due to life cycle replacement until the beginning of November, 2016. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured west one block to 5 street N.E.
Traffic on 7 Street S.E. may be reduced to one lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday, August 22 until Sunday, October 30, 2016. Pedestrian traffic on 7 Street S.E. will be detoured to the east side of Elbow River for the duration of the project.
Prince’s Island Park Bridge
The Prince’s Island Park pedestrian bridge to Memorial Drive will be partially closed until October 21, 2016 and accommodates replacement of a non-slip coating.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.