Calgary road closures - October 12, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – October 12, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: The northeast lanes at 72 Avenue S.E. and 40 Street S.E. are closed due to emergency water services work until 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 13.
80 Avenue N.E. is closed west of Metis Trail, and southbound lanes on Metis Trail N.E. are reduced north of 80 Avenue until 7 p.m. on Friday, October 14.
Various single lane closures on northbound 19 Street N.E. between 3 Avenue N.E. and Matador Crescent N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Friday, October 14 and accommodates sidewalk work.
The right lane of northbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 25 Avenue N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Sunday, September 25 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, October 30 due to construction.
Various lane closures in all directions at Memorial Drive N.E. and Edmonton Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Motorists are advised to expect delays in the area. This closure accommodates the Memorial Drive at Edmonton Trail improvement project.
16 Avenue N.W. is reduced to two lanes westbound and the north sidewalk is closed at 14 Street N.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until Friday, October 14.
144 Avenue N.W. is closed between Centre Street North and 14 Street N.W. for roadway upgrades through November 2016.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until further notice. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W.; use an alternate route.
NEW: The right turn lane is closed at 72 Ave S.E. and 40 ST S.E. until 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 13.
17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.E until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 due to the 17 Avenue SW Construction project.
38 Avenue S.E. is closed in single block sections between 16A Street S.E. and Ogden Road S.E. until 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 due to construction.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 50 km/h at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail and Southland Drive during periods of construction activity. This work is related to the Southland Dr and Blackfoot Trail intersection improvements for 2016.
- The left turns from east and west 58 Avenue S.E. onto Blackfoot Trail, will be revised starting on Wednesday, August 3. The optional dual left turn will be removed and traffic will only be able to make single left turns. This is required as an interim measure to accommodate the next phase of construction and is anticipated to be in place for several weeks.
- Access to southbound Macleod Trail from the shopping Centre located north of 162 Avenue S.E. will close to accommodate the next phase of construction. Traffic will be required to exit the shopping Centre at the west entrance on Shawville Boulevard and connect to either 162 Avenue S.E. or Shawnessy Boulevard to access Macleod Trail.
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily beginning September 19.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
13 Ave S.W. is closed between 5 ST S.W. and 6 ST S.W. until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 15.
38 Avenue S.W. is closed between 13 Street and 14 Street S.W. from 8 a.m. on Saturday, October 8 until 7 p.m. on Friday, October 21 due to utility replacement.
10 Street S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 6 Avenue S.W. and 7 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays until October 22. This closure accommodates construction.
4 Street S.W. is reduced to two left lanes between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Friday, October 28 due to the 4 Street SW underpass enhancement project.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.W. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Saturday, October 29 and accommodates construction.
The right lane of southbound 8 Street S.W. between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. is closed until October 2016. The west sidewalk on 8 Street S.W. in this stretch will be closed. This closure accommodates work on the 8 Street S.W. underpass project.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
The Timber Stairs on 6 Street N.E. between 4 Avenue and 7 Avenue N.E. are closed due to life cycle replacement until the beginning of November, 2016. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured west one block to 5 street N.E.
Traffic on 7 Street S.E. may be reduced to one lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m from Monday, August 22 until Sunday, October 30, 2016. Pedestrian traffic on 7 Street S.E. will be detoured to the east side of Elbow River for the duration of the project.
Prince’s Island Park Bridge
The Prince’s Island Park pedestrian bridge to Memorial Drive will be partially closed until October 21, 2016 and accommodates replacement of a non-slip coating.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.