Calgary road closures - November 29, 2016
November 29, 2016
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: The left lane of southbound 36 Street N.E. is closed at 20 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 30 for water services utility work.
There will be various lane closures in all directions at Memorial Drive N.E. and Edmonton Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The closures also occur on Saturdays and Sundays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. These closures accommodate the Memorial Drive at Edmonton Trail improvement project.
Westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to a single left lane west of 14 Street N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, October 31. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 17. This closure accommodates construction.
144 Avenue N.W. is closed between Centre Street North and 14 Street N.W. for roadway upgrades through November.
Bonaventure Drive S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction north of 90 Avenue S.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, November 28. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, December 2 and accommodates utility work.
Willow Park Drive S.E. is closed between Acadia Drive and Willow View Road S.E. beginning at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 23. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, December 7 and accommodates sewer line upgrades.
42 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Blackfoot Trail and 11 Street S.E. beginning at 5 a.m. on Monday, November 21. This closure remains in place until 12 p.m. on Monday, December 19 and accommodates construction.
The left lane of Memorial Drive S.E. is closed at Barlow Trail S.E. and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, November 14. This closure continues daily during these hours, and also from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays until 7 p.m. on Saturday, December 3 and accommodates road work.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- For more information, visit the project page
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
NEW: The 5 Street Cycle track and adjacent traffic lane will be closed between 8 Avenue and 9 Avenue S.W. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, November 30. During the closure, cycle track traffic will be detoured into the closed traffic lane.
Riverfront Avenue S.W. is closed between 1 Street and 2 Street S.W. beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, November 28. This closure remains in place until 9 a.m. on Sunday, December 4 and accommodates utility work. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes.
14 Street S.W. is closed between 36 Avenue and 38 Avenue S.W. This closure accommodates the City of Calgary’s utility replacement program. Motorists are advised to expect delays and use alternate routes. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 15.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 1 Street S.E. and Macleod Trial S.E. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Monday, December 5 and accommodates construction.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.W. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Monday, December 5.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 4 Street S.W. and 5 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, November 7. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Monday, December 5.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.