Calgary road closures - November 27, 2015
McDougall Road N.E. is closed between 9 Street and 9A Street N.E. from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, November 27 due to construction. Please follow the marked detour.
32 Avenue N.E. will have various lane closures at 36 Street N.E. beginning at 10 p.m. on Saturday, November 28. During this time there will be no eastbound or westbound access to 32 Avenue from 36 Street N.E. This closure remains in place until 5 a.m. on Monday, November 30 and accommodates Calgary Transit repair work.
38 Street N.E. is closed at Country Hills Boulevard N.E. beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 28. During this closure, the right lane of eastbound Country Hills Boulevard S.E. will also be closed and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/hr. in the area. This closure remains in place until 5 p.m. on Sunday, November 29 and accommodates construction.
Northbound 36 Street N.E. is closed between 24 Avenue and 25 Avenue N.E. from 1 a.m. on Saturday, November 28 until 1 a.m. on Monday, November 30 due to pedestrian bridge work.
Various lane closures and speed limit reduced to 50 km/hr. at Memorial Drive and 28 Street S.E. between 6:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Sunday, November 29. This closure accommodates traffic signal work.
McKnight Boulevard N.E. is reduced to two lanes eastbound at 36 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, November 27. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, December 2 and accommodates utility work.
The right lane of westbound Centre Avenue N.E. is closed between Meridian Drive and Moraine Road N.E. daily beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, November 30. The closure continues until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, December 2 and accommodates water services work.
16 Avenue N.E. will be reduced to two lanes eastbound at 1 Street N.E. on weekdays (Monday – Friday) between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. until Wednesday, Dec. 23 due to construction.
Beaverdam Road N.E. north of 6 Street N.E. will experience various lane closures between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily until Tuesday, Dec.15 due to construction. Flagmen personnel will be onsite directing traffic during this time.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. is closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
NEW: Centre Street N is reduced to one lane in each direction at 41 Avenue N.W. from 6 a.m. on Saturday, November 28 until 8 p.m. on Sunday, November 29 due to utility work.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
NEW: Memorial Drive is reduced to two lanes eastbound at 28 Street S.E. from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, November 29 due to road signals work.
Macleod Trail at 34 Avenue S.E. (south of 25 Avenue S.E.) will have various lane closures and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h to allow for gas main upgrades:
- Two southbound right lanes closed from 8 p.m. on Friday, November 27 until 5 a.m. on Saturday, November 28.
- Two southbound right lanes closed 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Sunday, November 29.
- Two northbound and southbound left lanes closed 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday, November 29. Alternate routes such as Blackfoot Trail or Elbow Drive are encouraged. Delays are expected.
- Two southbound right lanes closed 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday, November 30.
The right lane will be closed on northbound and southbound 52 Street S.E. at Copperfield Gate and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily starting Friday, November 27 and continuing until mid-December for new traffic signal installation.
6 Avenue S.E. is closed between 4 Street S.E. and 5 Street S.E. from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, November 28. This closure accommodates construction.
Bellvue Avenue S.E. is closed between McDonald Drive S.E. and Salisbury Avenue S.E. beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, November 27. This closure remains in place until 5 a.m. on Monday, November 30 and accommodates utility work.
42 Avenue S.E. at 16A Street S.E. (adjacent to the Bonnybrook sewage treatment plant), will be closed from 6 a.m. Saturday, November 28 to 9 p.m. Sunday, November 29 to allow for gas main upgrades. Traffic will be directed to use Highfield Boulevard and Ogden Road to bypass the construction. Local business access will be maintained.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks hauling material roadway in off-peak hours until the end of November, related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, which will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. will see various closures until early December due to traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. until 10 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
11 Avenue is closed west of 17 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Friday, November 27. This closure continues until 12 p.m. on Sunday and accommodates water services work.
1 Street S.W. is closed between 9 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. on Friday, November 27. This closure accommodates work on the 1 Street S.W. underpass.
Centre Street S is closed between 6 Avenue S.W. and 7 Avenue S.W. between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. on Sunday, November 29. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes. This closure accommodates construction.
Centre Street S is closed between 10 Avenue S.W. and 11 Avenue S.W. from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 28. This closure accommodates utility work.
10 Avenue S.W. is closed between 5 Street and 6 Street S.W. between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday, November 28. This closure accommodates construction.
50 Avenue S.W. is closed between 17 Street and 19 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, November 28. Please follow the marked detour.
13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become one-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Spruce Meadows International Christmas Market
Speed will be reduced to 50 km/h on Spruce Meadows Trail between Macleod Trail and 53 Street S.W. beginning Friday, November 27 at 9 a.m. to Sunday, November 29 at 7 p.m.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.