Calgary road closures - November 19, 2015
NEW: Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has lane closures eastbound at Barlow Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. on Friday, November 20 until 9 p.m. on Sunday, November 22nd due to utility work.
36 Street N.E. is reduced to one lane northbound at 25 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, November 19 and Friday, November 20 due to pedestrian bridge work.
Coral Springs Boulevard N.E. has westbound lane closures at 68 Street N.E.from 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 18 until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25 due to utility work.
16 Avenue N.E. is reduced to two lanes eastbound at 1 Street N.E. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, November 9 until Wednesday, December 23 due to construction.
Various closures on Beaverdam Road N.E. north of 6 Street N.E. between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily beginning on Tuesday, November 3 and continuing during these hours daily until Tuesday, December 15 due to construction. Flagmen personnel will be onsite directing traffic during this time.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been permanently removed.
Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned eastbound and westbound between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
13 Avenue N.W. is reduced to a single lane in Shouldice Athletic Park beginning at 8 a.m. on Thursday, November 5 until 5 a.m. on Friday, November 20 due to tunneling work.
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane in each direction closed at 24 Avenue N.W. for signal work from Monday, August 17 daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m until Sunday, November 15 due to intersection improvements. Ramps to eastbound and westbound 24 Avenue N.W. will also be closed. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- A new detour at 16 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. opened on Wednesday, September 2. This detour is expected to last until late 2016, and accommodates the construction of the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road N.W. Interchange project.
Macleod Trail is reduced to one lane both directions at 34 Avenue S.E. and the speed limit reduced from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly on Thursday, November 19, Saturday, November 21 and Sunday, November, 22 to allow for gas main upgrades.
17 Ave S.E. is reduced to one lane eastbound at 84 Street S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3p.m. beginning Wednesday, November 18 and continuing daily until Tuesday, November 24.
10 Avenue S.E. is closed between 17 Street and 19 Street S.E., and 18 Street S.E. is closed between 10 Avenue and 11 Avenue S.E from Thursday, November 12 at 9 a.m. until Friday, November 20 due to water services.
- NEW: Barlow Trail is closed southbound between Glenmore Trail and 90 Avenue S.E. from 10 p.m. Friday, November 20 until 5:00 a.m. Monday, November 23 for utility upgrades related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks hauling material roadway in off-peak hours starting Tuesday, November 3 until the end of November, related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, which will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
Various lane closures at Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. from Wednesday, September 16 until early December 2015 due to traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. from Tuesday, September 8 until 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: 1 Street S.W. is closed between 9 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Friday, November 20 due to underpass work.
NEW: 5 Street S.W. is closed between 2 Avenue and 3 Avenue S.W. from 6 p.m. on Friday, November 20 until 6p.m. on Sunday, November 22 for work on the +15 Bridge at the Eau Claire Tower Project.
NEW: 10 Avenue S.W. is closed between 4 Street and 5 Street S.W. on from 7 p.m. on Friday, November 20 until 5 p.m. on Sunday, November 22 due to utilities work.
5 Street S.W. is closed between 3 Avenue and 4 Avenue S.W. from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm on Thursday, November 19 due to Telus Utilities work.
Beginning on Thursday, November 12 at 9 a.m., 10 Avenue S.W. is closed between 17 Street and 19 Street S.W., and 18 Street S.W. is closed between 10 Avenue and 11 Avenue S.W. This closure will remain in place until Sunday, November 22 and accommodates water services
Beginning on Thursday, October 29, 13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become on-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.