Calgary road closures - November 13, 2015
NEW: Centre Street N is reduced to one lane with sidewalk closure at 20 Avenue N.E. from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 14 due to construction.
NEW: Centre Street N is closed between 6 Ave N.E. and 7 Ave N.E. from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, November 15 due to construction.
NEW: 16 Avenue N.E. is reduced to two lanes eastbound at 1 Street N.E. between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 14 due to construction.
36 Street N.E. is reduced to one lane southbound at 25 Avenue N.E. and the speed reduced to 50 km/hr. between 10 p.m. on Friday, November 13 and 6 a.m. on Saturday, November 14 due to construction.
McDougall Road N.E. is closed between 9 Street N.E. and 9A Street N.E. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, November 13 due to crane work.
16 Avenue N.E. is reduced to two lanes eastbound at 1 Street N.E. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, November 9 until Wednesday, December 23 due to construction.
Various closures on Beaverdam Road N.E. north of 6 Street N.E. between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily beginning on Tuesday, November 3 and continuing during these hours daily until Tuesday, December 15 due to construction. Flagmen personnel will be onsite directing traffic during this time.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been removed. This change was made Sept. 10 and is a permanent closure.
Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned eastbound and westbound between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
Kensington Road N.W. is reduced to one lane in each direction between 10A Street and 11 Street N.W. from 9 a.m. on Friday, November 13 until 6 a.m. on Saturday, November 14, and closed from 6 a.m. on Saturday, November 14 until 8 am on Sunday, November 15 due to water repair work.
13 Avenue N.W. is reduced to a single lane in Shouldice Athletic Park beginning at 8 a.m. on Thursday, November 5 until 5 a.m. on Friday, November 20 due to tunneling work.
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane in each direction closed at 24 Avenue N.W. for signal work from Monday, August 17 daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m until Sunday, November 15 due to intersection improvements. Ramps to eastbound and westbound 24 Avenue N.W. will also be closed. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- A new detour at 16 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. opened on Wednesday, September 2. This detour is expected to last until late 2016, and accommodates the construction of the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road N.W. Interchange project.
NEW: 114 Avenue S.E. at 68 Street S.E. will have various single lanes closed and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h eastbound and westbound from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, November 14 to allow for traffic signal work. Calgary Police service will be on site to assist when traffic signals not operational.
NEW: Macleod Trail northbound and southbound at 34 Avenue S.E. / Spiller Road (south access), will have various lanes closed and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday, November 14 to allow for surveying related to the Macleod Trail gas main crossing.
NEW: Northbound Macleod Trail at 34 Avenue S.E./Spiller Road is reduced to two lanes northbound and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Saturday, November 14 and Sunday, November 15 due to gas main upgrades. There will be no access to either 34 Avenue S.E. nor Spiller Road from Macleod Trail. The intersection of Spiller Road at 34 Avenue S.E. is with traffic directed to use either Macleod Trail or Dartmouth Road to bypass closure. There will be various closures on Macleod Trail at 34 Avenue S.E. over the next two weeks due to gas main upgrades.
10 Avenue S.E. is closed between 17 Street and 19 Street S.E., and 18 Street S.E. is closed between 10 Avenue and 11 Avenue S.E from Thursday, November 12 at 9 a.m. until Friday, November 20 due to water services.
- Northbound Macleod Trail north of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard will have multiple lanes from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, November 1, to allow for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange. Alternate routes are recommended as major delays are expected. Macleod Trail northbound will then open to a temporary detour with newly shifted lane marking alignments and a speed reduction of 50 km/h in the northbound lanes. Traffic delays are expected on the entrance ramp from westbound Sun Valley Boulevard to northbound Macleod Trail as the present added lane condition on the entrance ramp will be revised to a yield condition to accommodate this stage of construction. This lane shift is expected to last until mid-November.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks crossing roadway in off-peak hours starting Tuesday, November 3 and continuing until the end of November, for hauling material related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, which will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting at 5 a.m. Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
Various lane closures at Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. from Wednesday, September 16 until early December 2015 due to traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. from Tuesday, September 8 until 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 2 due to construction of the National Music Centre. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: 9 Avenue S.W. is reduced to one lane between 5 Street S.W. and 6 Street S.W., and 5 Street S.W. is reduced to one lane between 8 Avenue S.W. and 9 Avenue S.W., from 7 p.m. on Sunday, November 15 until 5 a.m. on Monday, November 16 due to water services is work. Centennial Parkade access will be maintained.
2 Street S.W. is closed between 3 Avenue and 2 Ave S.E. from Tuesday, November 10, until Saturday, November 14, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily due to construction. Please follow the marked detour.
Beginning on Thursday, October 29, 13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become on-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W until late January 2016 due to deep utility installation.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue.Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.