Calgary Road Closures - November 10 & 11, 2015
The right lane of Centre Street N and 20 Avenue N.E. is closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, November 10. This closure accommodates construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. is closed at 1 Street N.E. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, November 9. This closure accommodates construction, and continues on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays until Wednesday, December 23.
Various closures on Beaverdam Road N.E. north of 6 Street N.E. between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily beginning on Tuesday, November 3. Flagmen personnel will be onsite directing traffic during this time. These closures continue daily during these hours until 6 p.m. on Tuesday, December 15 and accommodate utility construction.
- Aviation Rd. N.E. closed permanently for left-in/left-out access. As part of the McKnight Boulevard widening and reconstruction project, access to Aviation Rd. N.E. has been changed to right in/right out access only for westbound traffic.
- For eastbound traffic, the left turn into Aviation Rd. N.E. has been removed. This change was made Sept. 10 and is a permanent closure.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
13 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to a single lane in Shouldice Athletic Park beginning at 8 a.m. on Thursday, November 5. During the closure, motorists are advised to yield to oncoming traffic and watch for pedestrians. This closure remains in place until 5 a.m. on Friday, November 20 and accommodates tunneling work.
Crowchild Trail North will have one lane in each direction closed at 24 Avenue N.W. for signal work from Monday, August 17 daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. During this closure, the ramps to eastbound and westbound 24 Avenue N.W. will also be closed. This closure continues until Sunday, November 15 and accommodates intersection improvements. This closure accommodates work on Crowchild Trail traffic congestion reduction program.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- A new detour at 16 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. opened on Wednesday, September 2. This detour is expected to last until late 2016, and accommodates the construction of the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road N.W. Interchange project.
NEW: The right lane will be closed on northbound and southbound 52 Street S.E. at 23 Avenue S.E. and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, November 12 for traffic signal work.
NEW: Westbound Riverfront Avenue S.E. is closed between 1 Street S.E. and Centre Street S between 7 p.m. on Wednesday, November 11 and 5 a.m. on Thursday, November 12 for water main work.
52 Street S.E. northbound and southbound at 23 Avenue S.E. will have daily closures in the left lane and left turn bays, and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays until November 10 for roadway construction.
- NEW: Northbound Macleod Trail north of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard will have multiple lane closures from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 11, to allow for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange. Alternate routes are recommended as delays are expected. Macleod Trail northbound will then re-open to original lane marking alignments with the existing temporary detour shift removed.
- Northbound Macleod Trail north of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard will have multiple lanes from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, November 1, to allow for work related to the Macleod Trail / 162 Avenue S.E. interchange. Alternate routes are recommended as major delays are expected. Macleod Trail northbound will then open to a temporary detour with newly shifted lane marking alignments and a speed reduction of 50 km/h in the northbound lanes. In addition traffic delays are expected on the entrance ramp from westbound Sun Valley Boulevard to northbound Macleod Trail as the present added lane condition on the entrance ramp will be revised to a yield condition to accommodate this stage of construction. This lane shift is expected to last until mid-November.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks crossing roadway in off-peak hours starting Tuesday, November 3 and continuing until the end of November, for hauling material related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The section of 30 Street S.E. between eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail will be permanently closed starting at 5 a.m. Sunday, September 27 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. There will be no access to eastbound Glenmore Trail from southbound 30 Street S.E. and conversely no access to northbound 30 Street S.E. from eastbound Glenmore Trail. Traffic requiring to make these connection will be directed to use either Barlow Trail or 72 Avenue S.E. as a designated detour route.
Various lane closures at Road A S.E. and 130 Avenue S.E. beginning at 12 a.m. on Wednesday, September 16. This closure remains in place until early December 2015 and accommodates traffic signal work.
4 Street S.E. is closed at 9 Avenue S.E. beginning at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8. During the closure, there will be no access to 4 Street S.E. via 9 Avenue S.E. Motorists are advised to use 6 Avenue S.E. via 6 Street S.E. as a detour. This closure will continue until 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 2 and accommodates construction of the National Music Centre.
The right lane of southbound 3 Street S.E. is closed between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E. This closure accommodates the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project.
NEW: Beginning on Thursday, November 12 at 9 a.m., 10 Avenue S.W. is closed between 17 Street and 19 Street S.E., and 18 Street S.W. is closed between 10 Avenue and 11 Avenue S.W. This closure will remain in place until Friday, November 20 and accommodates water services.
2 Street S.W. is closed between 3 Avenue and 2 Ave S.E. from Tuesday, November 10, until Saturday, November 14, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. Please follow the marked detour. This closure accommodates construction.
Beginning on Thursday, October 29, 13 Avenue S.W. will temporarily become on-way westbound only between 5 and 6 Street S.W. This closure will remain in place until late January 2016 and accommodates deep utility installation. Motorists are advised to watch for detour signage and use alternate routes.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue.Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Battalion Park Remembrance Day Ceremony
- From 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. (noon) on Wednesday, November 11, there will be no access to the parking lot of Battalion Park, and no parking in the cul-de-sac of 100 Sierra Vista Bay S.W.
Calgary Highlanders Remembrance Day Parade – Central Memorial Park
- On Wednesday, November 11 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (noon) there will be no parking between 2 and 4 Street S.W. along the north side of 13 Avenue and the south side of 12 Avenue S.W.,
- 4 Street between 12 Avenue S.W. and 13 Avenue S.W. will be close to traffic, as will 2 right lanes on eastbound 12 Avenue between 2 Street S.W. and 4 Street S.W.,
- The sidewalk on the east side of 4 Street S.W. will be closed between 12 Avenue and 13 Avenue S.W.
- Calgary Police Service will also be stopping traffic on eastbound 12 Avenue S.W., and 13 Avenue S.W. for one minute at 11 a.m.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.