Calgary road closures - November 1, 2016
Calgary road closures press release – November 1, 2016
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on smaller closures, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: The right lane of westbound Memorial Drive N.E. is closed at 68 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov 2 for groundwater sampling.
NEW: The left lane of eastbound Memorial Drive N.E. is closed between the Zoo LRT Station and Bridgeland Station from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov 2 for LRT utility work.
NEW: The right lane of eastbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. is closed at Freeport Drive N.E. from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 2 for utility work.
80 Avenue N.E. is closed at Marthas Meadow Drive N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Thursday, October 27. During this closure, traffic will be detoured via Marthas Way N.E. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Sunday, November 6 and accommodates road construction.
Country Hills Boulevard N.E. between Freeport Drive N.E. and Barlow Trail N.E. will experience various lane closures daily from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. until the end of November.
There will be various lane closures in all directions at Memorial Drive N.E. and Edmonton Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This closure accommodates the Memorial Drive at Edmonton Trail improvement project.
NEW: The right lane of westbound John Laurie Boulevard N.W. is closed at Edgemont Drive N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, November 2. This closure continues daily during these hours until further notice and accommodates utility work.
Westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to a single left lane west of 14 Street N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, October 31. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Saturday, November 12. This closure accommodates construction.
144 Avenue N.W. is closed between Centre Street North and 14 Street N.W. for roadway upgrades through November.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until further notice. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W.; use an alternate route.
NEW: There will be various lane closures on eastbound and westbound Southland Drive at Blackfoot Trail from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday, October 31 to Friday, November 4.
Acadia Drive S.E. will be closed at Willow Park Drive on Monday, Oct. 31, 2016 starting at 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, November 16. This road closure is to accommodate sewer line upgrade. Use alternate route.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- NEW: Starting on Tuesday, November 1, the access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from southbound Macleod Trail will change. A new exit ramp via the right lane will open to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard to allow for the next stage of interchange construction. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- NEW: There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily Monday, October 31 to Friday, November 4.
- NEW: The will be various lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, October 31 to Friday, November 4.
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
38 Avenue S.W. will be closed between 13 Street S.W. and 14 Street S.W. until 7 p.m. on Friday, November 11. The road closure is to accommodate City of Calgary utility replacement program.
Elveden Drive S.W. will be closed at Elveden Mews S.W. from 7 a.m. on Oct. 27 until 7 p.m. on Nov. 6. A temporary residential parking zone will be set up on Elveden Drive S.W.
- 2 Street S.W. is closed between 15 Avenue and 17 Avenue S.W. beginning at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, November 2. This closure continues through 3 p.m. on Friday, November 4.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street S and 1 Street S.W. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Monday, November 21 and accommodates construction.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 1 Street S.E. and Macleod Trial S.E. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Thursday, November 10 and accommodates construction.
The Timber Stairs on 6 Street N.E. between 4 Avenue and 7 Avenue N.E. are closed due to life cycle replacement until the beginning of November, 2016. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured west one block to 5 street N.E.
Traffic on 7 Street S.E. may be reduced to one lane from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Sunday, October 30, 2016. Pedestrian traffic on 7 Street S.E. will be detoured to the east side of Elbow River for the duration of the project.
Prince’s Island Park Bridge
The Prince’s Island Park pedestrian bridge to Memorial Drive will be partially closed until October 31, 2016 and accommodates replacement of a non-slip coating.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.