Calgary road closures - May 31, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo. Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
Reduced southbound lane on 19 Street N.E. approaching Aero Drive N.E. beginning on Wednesday, May 31 at 7 a.m. to Saturday, June 3 at 12 p.m. to accommodate road reconstruction.
Skyview Ranch Drive N.E. is closed between Skyview Shores Manor and Skyview Ranch Street N.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 1. Originally scheduled to 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 3, this closure has been extended to 8 p.m. on Sunday, June 11 and accommodates road construction.
Road closure on 32 Avenue N.E. from 56 Street N.E. to 60 Street N.E. beginning on Monday, May 29 at 6 a.m. to Friday, June 2 at 5 a.m. Speeds will be reduced to 50 km/h approaching the closure and vehicle detours will be indicated via signage. This closure is to accommodate utility work.
Road closure at 11 Street and 53 Avenue N.E. starting Saturday, May 27 at 6 a.m. until Friday, June 2 at 6 p.m. Two way traffic on eastside of 11 Street N.E. and the west side of 53 Avenue N.E. is closed. This closure accommodates a water main replacement.
Southbound/northbound Falconridge Boulevard will see reduced lanes at Saddletowne Circle N.E. starting Friday, May 26 until Monday, July 17 weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This closure accommodates construction.
Northbound Barlow Trail N.E. at Freeport Trail Boulevard will be closed and there will be two-way traffic in the southbound lanes. Eastbound Freeport Boulevard N.E. will also be closed and detoured to 100 Avenue N.E. This work goes until Thursday, June 1 at 6 p.m. Closures accommodate construction.
Westbound McDougall Road N.E. between 7 Street N.E. and 7A Street N.E. will be closed until Wednesday June 7 at 5 p.m. This closure accommodates curb and sidewalk work. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
16 Avenue N.W. at 29 Street N.W. / Uxbridge Drive N.W. will see various lane closures until the end of October, 2017 as part of an intersection improvement project.
- NEW: Starting at 12 p.m. on Thursday, June 1, the temporary access into Canada Olympic Park will be closed, and a new permanent access point into this area will open. This area will have police onsite to help direct traffic, motorists are advised to expect delays and watch their speed in the area.
- Daily lane reductions on Bowfort Road N.W. and 16 Avenue N.W. through the project limits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until further notice.For more information on this project, visit the project page.
- Daily lane reductions on Sarcee Trail N.W. and 16 Avenue N.W. through the project limits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until further notice. For more information on this project, visit the project page.
- UPDATE: 6 Avenue S.E. is closed between 5 Street S.E. and Confluence Way S.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, April 24. This closure was originally scheduled to remain in place until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31 and has been extended until Friday, June 16 at 7 p.m. This closure is to accommodate utility work. Local access will be maintained. Detours will be indicated via signage and motorists are advised to expect delays in the area and use alternate routes.
- NEW: Northbound Macleod Trail will be closed between 162 Avenue S.E. and Midlake Boulevard S.E. from midnight 12 a.m. of Monday, May 29 until 5 a.m. Tuesday, May 30 to allow for sign structure installations. Traffic will be detoured northbound on Midpark Boulevard S.E. to bypass the closure.
- NEW: The exit ramp from southbound Macleod Trail to 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard S.E. will be closed from midnight 12 a.m. of Tuesday, May 30 until 5 a.m. Wednesday, May 31 to allow for sign structure installations. Traffic will be directed to use either the Midlake Boulevard S.E. exit or the 22X (Spruce Meadows Trail S.E.) exit as a detour.
- NEW: There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard S.E. / Midlake Boulevard S.E. and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard S.E. from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, May 29 until Friday, June 2.
- NEW: There will be various lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail between 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard S.E. and Shawnessy Boulevard S.E./ Midlake Boulevard S.E. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, May 29 until Friday, June 2
- NEW: There will be various multiple lane closures on northbound & southbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. beginning on Monday, May 29 until Monday, June 5 to allow for paving work.
Single westbound lane closure on McKenzie Towne Boulevard S.E. at McKenzie Towne Avenue S.E. up to the traffic circle. This closure occurs on weekdays beginning on Wednesday, May 31 to Wednesday, June 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. This closure is to accommodate utility work.
Single northbound lane closure on 52 Street S.E. at New Brighton Drive S.E. beginning from Wednesday, May 31 to Friday, June 2 between 9 a.m. and 3 pm on weekdays only to accommodate utility work. Speeds will be reduced to 50 km/h through the closure.
Road closure at Willow Park Drive S.E. between Willowburn Crescent and Willowview Road S.E. starting Wednesday, May 31 at 7 a.m. until Friday, June 16 at 10 p.m. This closure accommodates sanitary utility upgrades. Please use alternate routes.
210 Avenue S.E. between Sheriff King Street and MacLeod Trail S.E. will be closed until Monday, July 31. This closure accommodates utility work. Please use alternate routes.
Southbound 3 Street S.E. between 6 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.E. will be closed until early July. Access to Lot 47 will be available at all times and can only be accessed from 9 Avenue S.E. Please use alternate routes and expect delays. This closure accommodates the 3 Street corridor improvement project.
Road closure on 14 Avenue S.E. between 27 Street and 28 Street S.E. starting Monday, May 29 at 8 a.m. until Friday, June 2 at 10 p.m. This closure accommodates underground utility tie-ins.
17 Avenue S.W. will be reduced to a single eastbound lane between 8 Street and 9 Street S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Monday, May 29 until Friday, June 2 This closure is to accommodate sidewalk removal and installation.
Reduced lanes (right lane closed) at 1 Street S.W. between 12 Avenue and 13 Avenue S.W. until Sunday, June 4 at 7 p.m. This closure accommodates road construction.
1 Street S.W. between 10 Avenue and 17 Avenue S.W. will see various lane closures Saturday, June 10. Safe pedestrian access will be maintained and access to businesses and residents will be accommodated during construction. These closures accommodate 1 Street corridor improvement project.
- Northbound MacLeod Trail S.E. at 17 Avenue S.E. will have reduced lanes through Tuesday, June 13 at 3 p.m.
- Reduced lanes on 17 Avenue S.W. between 8 Street and 9 Street S.W. originally beginning on Wednesday, May 24 until Friday, June 2 daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 17 Avenue will be closed to traffic between Macleod Trail and Centre Street starting May 19. For more information on the 17 Avenue construction schedule visit Calgary.ca/17Avenue.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is closed between Macleod Trail S.E. and 1 Street S.E. During this closure, local business access will be maintained. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Monday, June 19.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Southwest Ring Road Project
24 Street S.W. is permanently closed north of Highway 22x as part of the SWRR construction project. For more information on work happening, visit http://www.swcrrproject.com/traffic-updates/
Wheels for Wells – Saturday, June 3, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Race starts and finishes at Southview Alliance Church (20200 Walden Boulevard S.E.).
- Watch for cyclists on Walden Boulevard S.E. from Walden Rise S.E. to 194 Avenue S.E. (reduced lanes).
- Watch for cyclists on 194 Avenue S.E. from Chaparral Boulevard S.E. to Macloed Trail S.E. (reduced lanes).
- Watch for Cyclists on Macleod Trail S.E. from 194 Avenue S.E. to 22 Street West S.E. (reduced lanes).
- All motorists are advised to watch for cyclists and police on location.
Lilac Festival – Sunday, June 4, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 4 Street S.W. between 13 Avenue S.W. and 26 Avenue S.W. will be closed
- Expect major delays on 17 Avenue S.W. at 4 Street S.W. due to pedestrian crossings. The area will be controlled by Calgary Police Service.
- Motorists are advised to use alternative routes or to take Calgary Transit during the Lilac Festival.
Run Bowness – Sunday, June 4, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 79 Street N.W. will be closed between 43 Avenue N.W. and 48 Avenue N.W. from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Parking will be restricted on 43 Avenue N.W. between 77 Street N.W. and 79 Street N.W.
- Watch for runners on 48 Avenue N.W. in both directions between 79 Street and east of 85 Street N.W. during the race.
- Motorists are advised to drive with caution and watch for runners in the area, including the following roadways:
- 48 Avenue N.W.
- 79 Street N.W.
- At intersection of 85 Street N.W. and 48 Avenue N.W.
- Calgary Police Service will be present in the area.