Calgary road closures - May 2, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – May 2, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
NEW: The right lane of northbound 36 Street N.E. at 24 Avenue N.E. is closed and speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, May 3. This closure continues until 3 p.m. on Friday, May 6 and accommodates curb repair.
NEW: Single left lane closures on northbound and southbound 12 Street N.E. south of McKnight Boulevard N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning on Tuesday, May 3. This closure continues daily until 3 p.m. Friday, May 6 and accommodates construction.
There will be various lane closures on northbound and southbound Edmonton Trail N.E. from Memorial Drive to 16 Avenue N.E. daily from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekdays and from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 30. This closure continues daily during these hours through Friday, May 6 and accommodates concrete work.
13 Avenue N.E. will be closed between Edmonton Trail and 2 Street N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, May 2. This closure continues until 9 p.m. on Friday, May 6 and accommodates new service installation.
Northbound Skyview Ranch Road N.E. is reduced to a single left lane at 128 Avenue N.E. until 7 p.m. on Friday, April 29 to accommodate utility work.
There will be various lane closures on 36 Street N.E. between Memorial Drive and 16 Avenue N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until further notice. These closures accommodate curb rehab in preparation for paving.
There will be new traffic patterns on McKnight Boulevard N.E. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. until June 2016. Eastbound McKnight will be closed in this stretch and narrowed two-way traffic will be in place in the westbound lanes. This work is part of the McKnight Boulevard N.E. Widening Project.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekly on Tuesday through Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
The right lane of northbound 10 Street N.W. between Memorial Drive and 2 Avenue N.W. is closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until October 2016. This closure accommodates the Kensington improvements project.
The right lane of northbound 10 Street N.W. between Memorial Drive and 2 Avenue N.W. is closed from 6:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily until October 2016. This closure accommodates the Kensington improvements project.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until further notice. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; use an alternate route.
Northbound and westbound closures will be in place at 146 Avenue S.E. and Bow Bottom Trail S.E. until 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 31, 2016. During this closure, a two-way traffic setup will be in place in the eastbound and southbound lanes. This closure accommodates construction.
There will be various single lane closures on Glenmore Trail north of 52 Street S.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Friday, April 15. This construction continues daily during these hours on weekdays, and from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekends. These closures accommodate construction and continue until further notice.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- Starting at 9 a.m. Monday, May 2 for approximately four weeks, the exit ramp from southbound Blackfoot Trail to westbound 58 Avenue S.E. Trail will be closed. Traffic affected by the closed ramp will be detoured around the turn island to re-connect with westbound 58 Avenue S.E., with the exception of large trucks which will be directed to use Glenmore Trail as a detour.
- Starting at 9 a.m. Monday, May 2 for approximately four weeks, the exit ramp from westbound 58 Avenue S.E. to northbound Blackfoot Trail will be closed. Traffic affected by the closed ramp will be detoured around the turn island to re-connect with northbound Blackfoot Trail, with the exception of large trucks which will be required to use an alternate route.
- There will be various single lane closures in all direction from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, May 2 to Friday, May 6. Blackfoot Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The intersection of Blackfoot Trail with 58 Avenue S.E. will have various single lane closures in all direction from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Tuesday, April 26 to Friday, April 29. Blackfoot Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/hr. that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- From now until late summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- Starting on Thursday, April 7, the access to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. from northbound Macleod Trail will change. The previous northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. exit will re-open, but operate as a single left turn only. The access to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail will remain as is on the existing detour ramp.
- Sunpark Gate between Sun Valley Boulevard and Sunpark Plaza will close starting Sunday, April 3. Traffic will be directed to use Sunpark Drive to bypass the closure. A 4-way stop at the intersection of Sunpark Drive with Sunpark Plaza will be installed on Friday, April 1 in an effort to minimize the impact to the surrounding road network as a result of the closure.
- The dual turns from eastbound and westbound 162 Avenue S.E. to northbound and southbound Shawville Boulevard will be revised to single left turns starting Sunday April 3. An alternate access to the south end of Shawville Boulevard can be used via the southbound Macleod Trail exit ramp to 22X.
- Eastbound Glenmore Trail east of 30 Street S.E. will have trucks crossing roadway in off-peak hours starting Wednesday, April 27 and continuing until the end of May, for hauling material related to the Glenmore Trail / Ogden Road interchange project. Flagman crews will be on site to stop all eastbound traffic as required while the trucks cross roadway. Efforts will be made to keep disruption of traffic on eastbound Glenmore Trail to a minimum. Glenmore Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 50 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
NEW: 2 Street S.W. is closed between 11 Avenue S.W. and 12 Avenue S.W. beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 3. This closure continues until 10 p.m. on Friday, May 6 and accommodates construction.
Riverfront Avenue S.W. between 1 Street and 2 Street S.W. will be closed starting Monday, May 2 at 9 a.m. until Wednesday, May 4 at noon. This closure is for the installation of a tower crane at the new Waterfront Development. Local traffic will be maintained and the public is asked to follow the detour.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.