Calgary road closures - March 29, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – March 29, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
NEW: Various single lane closures along Falconridge Boulevard N.E. from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 30 and Thursday, March 31 for streetlight replacement.
Single right lane closure of northbound 12 Street N.E. south of McKnight Boulevard N.E. begins daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, March 28. This closure continues daily during these hours on weekdays, and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays. This closure accommodates construction and continues until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 15.
Single right lane closure of southbound 12 Street N.E. south of McKnight Boulevard N.E. begins daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, March 29. This closure continues daily during these until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 1.
Single right lane closures on northbound and southbound Centre Street N north of Beddington Boulevard N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 30. These closures accommodate utility work.
New traffic patterns on McKnight Boulevard N.E. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. begin at 12 p.m. on Sunday, March 20. During this change, eastbound McKnight will be closed in this stretch and narrowed two-way traffic will be in place in the westbound lanes. This changed pattern is expected to last through June 2016. This work is part of the McKnight Boulevard N.E. Widening Project.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, March 2. This closure continues during these hours weekly on Tuesday through Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
Various dual lane closures on Glenmore Trail between Blackfoot Trail S.E. and Deerfoot Trail S from 9 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. the following morning beginning on Sunday, March 20. These closures continue during these hours Sunday through Thursday evenings until 5 a.m. on Friday, April 8. These closures accommodate bridge work.
The two left lanes will be closed and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h on eastbound Glenmore Trail east of Blackfoot Trail from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly on Tuesday, March 29 and Wednesday, March 30 to allow for bridge deck repairs.
Southbound Dougalsdale Boulevard S.E. is reduced to a single left lane at Douglasbank Drive S.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, March 29. These closures continue during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 1 and accommodates utility work.
Starting on Tuesday, March 29 and continuing until the end of April, there will be various stages of construction with sections of roadway being closed on 34 Avenue S.E. between Manchester Road and Dartmouth Road to allow for gas main upgrades. Traffic will be directed to use 36 Avenue S.E. to bypass the closures.
Zoo Road will be closed beginning on Monday, March 7 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic. This closure is expected to last until December 2017.
- From now until late summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. There will be various stages of construction which may require road closures during off-peak traffic times. Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Monday, March 28, to Wednesday, March 30.
- The access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail was revised on Sunday, January 31. The left turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and the right turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard was closed. A new exit ramp via the northbound right lane opened to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection was created on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Saturday, March 19, Monday March 21 and Tuesday, March 22.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
The left lane of 9 Avenue S.W. is closed at 8 Street S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, March 28. This closure continues until 3 p.m. on Friday, April 1 and accommodates construction.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
National Music Centre Junos – Friday, April 1
- 4 Street S.E. is closed between 8 Avenue and 9 Avenue S.E. from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, April 1. Motorists are advised to watch for police in the area who will be helping direct traffic around the closure.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.