Calgary road closures - March 22, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – March 22, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
Update: 13 Avenue N.E. is closed between 2 Street N.E. and Edmonton Trail N.E. from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 22. This closure accommodates utility work.
NEW: 13 Avenue N.E. is closed between Edmonton Trail N.E. and 2 Street N.E. from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23. This closure accommodates crane work.
NEW: The right lane of eastbound McDougall Road N.E. is closed between 8 Street and 9 Street N.E. from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23. This closure accommodates construction.
52 Street N.E. is closed between Country Hills Boulevard N.E. and Skyview Ranch Drive N.E. beginning at 7 a.m. on March 16. This closure continues until 6 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23 and accommodates construction. Traffic will be detoured and alternate routes are recommended.
New traffic patterns on McKnight Boulevard N.E. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. begin at 12 p.m. on Sunday, March 20. During this change, eastbound McKnight will be closed in this stretch and narrowed two-way traffic will be in place in the westbound lanes. This changed pattern is expected to last through June 2016. This work is part of the McKnight Boulevard N.E. Widening Project.
Centre Street is reduced to one lane northbound between 20 Avenue and 21 Avenue N.E. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, beginning Thursday, February 18 and continuing until Thursday, March 31. This closure is due to construction.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, March 2. This closure continues during these hours weekly on Tuesday through Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
Various single lane closures in all directions on Country Hills Boulevard N.W. at Rocky Ridge Boulevard N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 11. These closures continue until 6 p.m. on Friday, March 25 and accommodates utility work.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane in each direction from 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, March 21. This closure accommodates utility work and continues daily during these hours until Wednesday, March 23.
Various single lane closures at Glenmore Trail S.E. and 52 Street S.E. from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily beginning on Monday, March 14. This closure continues daily during these hours until Thursday, March 24 and accommodate construction.
Zoo Road will be closed beginning on Monday, March 7 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic. This closure is expected to last until December 2017.
- From now until late summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. There will be various stages of construction which may require road closures during off-peak traffic times. Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 22.
- The access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail was revised on Sunday, January 31. The left turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and the right turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard was closed. A new exit ramp via the northbound right lane opened to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection was created on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Saturday, March 19, Monday March 21 and Tuesday, March 22.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
8 Avenue S.W. is closed between 10 and 11 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. on Monday, March 21 until 8 p.m. on Friday, March 25 due to construction.
Richardson Way S.W. is reduced to one lane westbound at Caen Avenue S.W. from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily, beginning Monday March 21 until Thursday, March 24.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.