Calgary road closures - March 1, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – March 1, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
NEW: Various single lane closures on both directions of 112 Avenue N.W. at Royal Vista Link N.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 2. This closure accommodates utility work.
NEW: Single left lane closures on both northbound and southbound Centre Street N at 43 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 2. This closure accommodates water services work.
Update: The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, March 2. This closure continues during these hours on Tuesday through Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
Various lane closures at McKnight Boulevard N.E. and 19 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, February 16. The closures continue daily during these hours on weekdays until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 2.
17 Avenue N.E. is closed at 6 Street N.E. beginning at 8 a.m. on Friday, February 12. During this closure there will be no northbound access to 6 Street via 16 Avenue N.E. Traffic will be detoured in the area. This closure continues until 6 p.m. on Friday, March 4 and accommodates gas utility work.
Centre Street is reduced to one lane northbound between 20 Avenue and 21 Avenue N.E. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, beginning Thursday, February 18 and continuing until Monday, March 7. This closure is due to construction.
NEW: The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of northbound 10 Street N.W. is closed north of 5 Avenue N.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 2. This closure accommodates construction.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
Lynnview Road S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction at Lynnview Way S.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, February 29. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1 and accommodates water services utility work.
Update: Zoo Road will be closed beginning on Monday, March 7 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic. This closure expect to last until December 2017.
- The intersection of Blackfoot Trail with 58 Avenue S.E. will have various lane single lane closures in all directions and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, February 29 to Friday, March 4 for traffic signal work in preparation for upcoming intersection upgrades.
- From now until late Summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. There will be various stages of construction which may require road closures during off-peak traffic times. Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- NEW: The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily on Wednesday, March 2 to Friday, March 4.
- The access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail was revised on Sunday, January 31. The left turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and the right turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard was closed. A new exit ramp via the northbound right lane opened to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection was created on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/h, that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: The two left lanes of 4 Avenue S.W. and are closed between 2 Street and 3 Street S.W. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1. This closure accommodates crane work.
NEW: Eastbound 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane between 1 Street S.W. and 2 Street S>W> from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Wednesday, March 2 and Thursday, March 3. This closure accommodates construction.
The two left lanes of 9 Avenue S.W. are closed between 7 Street S.W. and 8 Street S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, February 29. This closure continues daily during these hours until Thursday, March 3 and accommodates construction.
Various single lane closures in every direction at 4 Street S.W. and 15 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, February 29. This closure continues daily during these hours until Friday, March 4 and accommodates utility work.
5 Street S.W. is reduced to narrow southbound lanes between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 until Wednesday, March 2. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, follow signage, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
- Single left lane closures on northbound and southbound Crowchild Trail at Flanders Avenue S.W. with a speed reduction to 50 km/hr. daily beginning in early January. This closure will continue daily during these hours until late February.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.