Calgary road closures - June 5, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo. Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: Various reduced lanes on 19 Street N.E. and 8 Avenue N.E. beginning on Tuesday, June 6 at 7 p.m. to Wednesday, June 7 at 6 a.m. Restricted left turns will be in place at the intersections for northbound/southbound 19 Street N.E. and eastbound 8 Avenue N.E. and westbound Milne Drive N.E. Pedestrian detours will be indicated via signage. This closure is to accommodate utility work.
NEW: Reduced right eastbound lane on Memorial Drive N.E. from 9 Street N.E. at the St Georges Drive N.E. exit ramp to 12 Street N.E. beginning on Tuesday, June 6 to Friday, June 9 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. Speeds will be reduced through the construction zone.
NEW: Eastbound lane closure on Regal Crescent N.E. at Russet Road N.E. beginning on Monday, June 5 at 11:30 a.m. to Thursday, June 8 at 6 p.m. Vehicle and pedestrian detours will be indicated via signage. This closure is to accommodate utility work.
Reduced lanes eastbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. at 14 Street N.E. starting Monday, June 5 until Wednesday, June 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. This closure accommodates manhole work.
Skyview Ranch Drive N.E. is closed between Skyview Shores Manor and Skyview Ranch Street N.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 1. Originally scheduled to 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 3, this closure has been extended to 8 p.m. on Sunday, June 11 and accommodates road construction.
Westbound McDougall Road N.E. between 7 Street N.E. and 7A Street N.E. will be closed until Wednesday June 7 at 5 p.m. This closure accommodates curb and sidewalk work. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
16 Avenue N.W. at 29 Street N.W. / Uxbridge Drive N.W. will see various lane closures until the end of October, 2017 as part of an intersection improvement project.
- Starting at 12 p.m. on Thursday, June 1, the temporary access into Canada Olympic Park will be closed, and a new permanent access point into this area will open. This area will have police onsite to help direct traffic, motorists are advised to expect delays and watch their speed in the area.
- Daily lane reductions on Bowfort Road N.W. and 16 Avenue N.W. through the project limits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until further notice.For more information on this project, visit the project page.
- Daily lane reductions on Sarcee Trail N.W. and 16 Avenue N.W. through the project limits from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. until further notice. For more information on this project, visit the project page.
Single westbound lane closure on Glenmore Trail S.E. west of 11 Street to Blackfoot Trail S.E. This closure occurs on weeknights beginning on Monday, June 5 to Wednesday, June 7 at 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. This closure accommodates guardrail maintenance work.
Reduced lanes eastbound on 114 Avenue S.E. between 35 Street S.E. and Barlow Trail S.E. weekdays only from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Friday, June 2 to Tuesday, June 6. The entrance to the casino will remain open. Closure is to accommodate landscaping work.
- 6 Avenue S.E. is closed between 5 Street S.E. and Confluence Way S.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, April 24. This closure was originally scheduled to remain in place until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 31 and has been extended until Friday, June 16 at 7 p.m. This closure is to accommodate utility work. Local access will be maintained. Detours will be indicated via signage and motorists are advised to expect delays in the area and use alternate routes.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Single westbound lane closure on McKenzie Towne Boulevard S.E. at McKenzie Towne Avenue S.E. up to the traffic circle. This closure occurs on weekdays beginning on Wednesday, May 31 to Wednesday, June 7 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. This closure is to accommodate utility work.
Road closure at Willow Park Drive S.E. between Willowburn Crescent and Willowview Road S.E. starting Wednesday, May 31 at 7 a.m. until Friday, June 16 at 10 p.m. This closure accommodates sanitary utility upgrades. Please use alternate routes.
210 Avenue S.E. between Sheriff King Street and MacLeod Trail S.E. will be closed until Monday, July 31. This closure accommodates utility work. Please use alternate routes.
Southbound 3 Street S.E. between 6 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.E. will be closed until early July. Access to Lot 47 will be available at all times and can only be accessed from 9 Avenue S.E. Please use alternate routes and expect delays. This closure accommodates the 3 Street corridor improvement project.
UPDATE: Road closure on 9 Street S.W. at 16 Avenue S.W. has been extended until Tuesday, June 6 at 4 p.m. This closure accommodates underground utility work.
1 Street S.W. between 10 Avenue and 17 Avenue S.W. will see various lane closures Saturday, June 10. Safe pedestrian access will be maintained and access to businesses and residents will be accommodated during construction. These closures accommodate 1 Street corridor improvement project.
- Reduced lanes northbound on MacLeod Trail S.E. between 15 Avenue S.E. and 18 Avenue S.E. has been extended to Friday, June 9 at 3 p.m.
- Northbound MacLeod Trail S.E. at 17 Avenue S.E. will have reduced lanes through Tuesday, June 13 at 3 p.m.
- 17 Avenue will be closed to traffic between Macleod Trail and Centre Street starting May 19. For more information on the 17 Avenue construction schedule visit Calgary.ca/17Avenue.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is closed between Macleod Trail S.E. and 1 Street S.E. During this closure, local business access will be maintained. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Monday, June 19.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Southwest Ring Road Project
24 Street S.W. is permanently closed north of Highway 22x as part of the SWRR construction project. For more information on work happening, visit http://www.swcrrproject.com/traffic-updates/
Mayor’s Environment Expo – Tuesday, June 6 to Thursday, June 8
- Daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the right hand lane on Macleod Trail S.E. from 9 Avenue S.E. to 7 Avenue S.E. will be closed to traffic with restricted parking to accommodate bus traffic for this event.