Calgary road closures - June 2, 2015
NEW: There will be various lane closures on 32 Avenue N.E. between Barlow Trail and 36 Street N.E. from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly beginning Wednesday, June 3 until Wednesday, June 10 due to road paving.
NEW: Westwinds Drive N.E. will be closed between 47 Street N.E. and 44 Street N.E. from 7 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3 to 7 p.m. on Friday, June 5 due to traffic signal work.
NEW: 52 Street N.E. will be reduced to one lane in each direction at 26 Avenue N.E. due to traffic signal work. At the same time left turns will be restricted. Calgary Police Service will be on site.
NEW: 4 Avenue N.E. will be closed between Edmonton Trail and 4A Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 3 due to construction.
2 Street N.E. between 5 Avenue N.E. and 9 Avenue N.E. will have various lane closures beginning at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, April 29. These closures will continue until Monday, June 15 and accommodate utility upgrade work.
Country Hills Boulevard N.W. east of Rocky Ridge Road N.W. will be reduced to a single lane in each direction beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 4. This construction project continues until the end of June.
6 Avenue S.E. will be reduced to two lanes between Centre Street and 1 Street S.E. from 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 2 and Wednesday, June 3 due to building construction. Additionally the sidewalk on the north side will be closed.
The left lane on Macleod Trail will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning Tuesday, June 2 to Friday, June 5 due to building construction.
There will be various lane closures on 1 Street S.E. between 9 a.m. S.E. and 25 Avenue S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning on Tuesday, June 2 until Friday, June 5 due to concrete maintenance.
- The left lane on northbound Macleod Trail over the Elbow River will be closed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning Tuesday, June 2 until Friday, June 5.
- The exit ramp allowing U-turns from southbound 1 Street S.E. to northbound Macleod Trail, north of 25 Avenue S.E. will be closed beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19 until late September.
- In addition, the regional pathway link to the Macleod Trail bridge deck (Victoria Bridge) will also be closed. Pathway users will be directed to use the 1 Street S.E. link one block to the west.
- NEW: Southbound Centre Street/Fairmount Drive will be reduced to one lane under Glenmore Trail from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 3 and Thursday, June 4. The lane reduction will also be in place from 7 p.m. to Wednesday, June 3 to 5 a.m. Thursday, June 4.
- NEW: Westbound Glenmore Trail will be reduced to one lane over Centre Street/Fairmount Drive and the CP/LRT tracks from 8 p.m. on Wednesday, June 3 to 5 a.m. on Thursday, June 4.
- Three bridges on Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail, including Glenmore Trail over 11 Street S.E., Glenmore Trail over Fairmount Drive and Glenmore Trail over the CP/LRT tracks, will have various road closures and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday, May 29. This project will continue through the 2015 construction season, for work related to the Glenmore Bridges rehabilitation project. During construction, there will be various stages which will require traffic pattern changes on Glenmore Trail and numerous lane closures on both Glenmore Trail and Centre Street S / Fairmount Drive S.E. under Glenmore Trail S.E.
- 11 Street S.E. under Glenmore Trail will continue with various single lanes closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday, June 1 until Friday, June 5 due.
The two right lanes of 9 Avenue S.W. will be closed between 3 Street S.W. and 4 Street S.W. beginning at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 26. This closure will continue nightly between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. the following morning until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
\94 Avenue S.E. between 52 Street S.E. and 60 Street S.E. will be closed beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, April 20. The closure will remain in place until 8.pm. on Friday, July 31 and accommodates new road construction.
4 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane in each direction between 9 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. until September 30. This closure is needed to facilitate the construction of the +60 pedestrian bridge at the National Music Centre.
5 Street S.W. between 2 Avenue S.W. and 3 Avenue S.W. will be closed beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, May 4. This closure will continue until 7 p.m. on Monday, June 8 and accommodates +15 construction between Eau Claire Tower and Centennial Place.
Southbound 1 Street S.W. will be reduced to one lane between 9 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. starting Sunday, January 25 to accommodate the 1 Street S.W. underpass enhancement project. At the same time the sidewalk on southbound 1 Street S.W. will be closed. Pedestrians should use the sidewalk on the east side of 1 Street S.W. These closures will be in place until the work on the west side of the underpass is complete.
Mayor’s Environment Expo – Tuesday, June 2 – Thursday, June 4
- The right lane will be closed on Macleod Trail between 9 Avenue S.E. and 7 Avenue S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from Tuesday, June 3 to Thursday, June 5.
Bridgeland Street Festival – Saturday, June 6
- 1 Ave N.E. between 9 Street and 8A Street N.E. will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Motorists are advised to watch for pedestrians.
Two wheel Sunday Event – Sunday, June 7
- 38 aVenue N.E. between Edmonton Trail and 3A Street N.E. closed
- 3A Street from 38 Avenue N.E. to 40 Avenue N.E. closed 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Motorists are advised to watch for pedestrians and obey all traffic control devices.
Kronos Triathlon Club – Calgary Kids of Steel Triathlon – Sunday, June 7
- The right lane on 24 Avenue N.W. will be closed between East Campus Gate N.W. and Collegiate Road N.W. from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- The right lane on eastbound 32 Avenue N.W. will be closed between Collegiate Boulevard N.W. and East Campus Drive N.W. from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution and watch for cyclists in the area. Calgary Police Service will be present in the area.
Run Bowness – Sunday, June 7
- 79 Street N.W. will be closed between 43 Avenue N.W. and 48 Avenue N.W. from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Parking will be restricted on 43 Avenue N.W. between 77 Street N.W. and 79 Street N.W.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution and watch for runners in the area, including the following roadways:
- 48 Avenue N.W.
- Bow Green Crescent N.W.
Calgary Police Service will be present in the area.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.