Calgary road closures - July 13
The right lane of northbound 36 Street N.E. is closed north of 24 Avenue N.E. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 13 until 7 p.m. on Friday, July 17 due to construction.
The two right lanes of eastbound 64 Avenue N.E. is closed between 9 Street N.E. and 11 Street N.E. daily between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, July 13 until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, July 15 due to construction.
Westbound Madigan Drive N.E. is closed at Madeira Drive N.E. and a two way traffic setup will be in place in the eastbound lanes beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 13 until 5 p.m. on Friday, July 17 and accommodates utility work.
6 Street N.E. is closed between McDougall Road N.E. and Merideth Road N.E. beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 13 until 5 p.m. on Friday, July 17 to accommodate ATCO utility work.
Eastbound and westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. has been temporarily realigned between 52 Street N.E. and 60 Street N.E. This alignment continues through 2015.
Sherwood Boulevard N.W. is closed at Sherwood Crescent N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 13 until 6 p.m. on Sunday, July 26 due to utility construction.
Eastbound Memorial Drive will be reduced to one lane between Centre Street and Edmonton Trail N.E. daily between 9 am to 3 p.m. starting Monday, July 13 until Friday, July 17 to accommodate river pathway improvements.
Westbound 112 Avenue N.W. is reduced to a single lane between 69 Street N.W. and 85 Street N.W. daily between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, July 13 until Friday, August 14 at 3 p.m. due to accommodates construction.
13 Avenue N.W. is closed between Home Road N.W. and Moserrat Drive N.W. beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 13 until Wednesday, July 22 at 7 p.m. due to road construction.
Westbound Northmount Drive N.W. is reduced to a single lane at 14 Street N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 13 until Friday, July 17 at 6 p.m. due to the Water Services 14 Street N.W. Feedermain Upgrade Project.
83 Street N.W. will be closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. starting at 11 p.m. Sunday, June 28 until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure, motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
- The left lane of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at Bowfort Road N.W. daily between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. This closure continues until the end of July and is related to the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road Interchange Project.
- The left lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at Bowfort Road N.W. daily between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. This closure continues until the end of July and is related to the Trans Canada Highway / Bowfort Road Interchange Project.
The right lane of southbound 10 Street N.W. at 2 Avenue N.W. will be closed until the end of July. This closure accommodates construction.
Eastbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to one lane east of Sarcee Trail N.W. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily on weekdays until the end of July due to utility work.
The right lane will be closed on northbound 52 Street S.E. at 21A Avenue S.E. and the speed limit reduced to 50 km/h from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday, July 13 to Friday, July 17 for roadway maintenance.
There will be various lane closures on Macleod Trail S.E. between 194 Avenue S.E. and the south city limits nightly from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. starting Monday, July 13 until Wednesday, July 15 to accommodate road markings. Motorists are advised that a 60 km/hr. speed reduction will be in place, and are warned to slow down when passing the marking truck.
Northbound and southbound Barlow Trail S.E., between 50 Avenue S.E. and 61 Avenue S.E., will have the speed limit reduced to 60 km/h until mid-July to allow for preparation of paving. There will be various stages of construction which will have lane closures during weekdays and full road closures on weekends. Updates will be provided as work progresses.
- Work related to Victoria Bridge re-hab project continues. Alternate routes are recommended as major delays are expected. Macleod Trail S.E. has opened to the first stage Victoria Bridge detour with newly shifted lane marking alignments in the northbound lanes. For information on the Victoria Bridge re-hab project please go to Calgary.ca and search “Victoria Bridge”.
- The exit ramp allowing U-turns from southbound 1 Street S.E. to northbound Macleod Trail, north of 25 Avenue S.E. will be closed beginning at 5 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19 until late September.
- In addition, the regional pathway link to the Macleod Trail bridge deck (Victoria Bridge) will also be closed. Pathway users will be directed to use the 1 Street S.E. link one block to the west.
- The speed limit on Glenmore Trail will be reduced to 50 km/h between Macleod Trail and Deerfoot Trail for the duration of construction.
- Westbound and eastbound Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail at the Centre Street/Fairmount Drive bridge and the L.R.T. bridge will continue to have various multiple lanes closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly Monday, July 13 until Saturday, July 18 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects.
- 11 Street S.E. under Glenmore Trail will continue with various single lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily Monday, July, 13 until Saturday, July 18 to allow for work under bridge.
- Eastbound and westbound Glenmore Trail west of Deerfoot Trail at the 11 Street S.E bridge will have various single and multiple lanes closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly Monday, July 13 until Saturday, July 18 to allow for work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects.
- Starting at 8 p.m. Monday, July 6, the pedestrian underpass and sidewalk connection under Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail S.E. will be closed for work related to the Glenmore Trail Bridges projects. Pedestrians will be directed to use Macleod Trail to cross Glenmore Trail. The pedestrian underpass is anticipated to be closed for approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Three bridges on Glenmore Trail east of Macleod Trail and west of Deerfoot Trail, including Glenmore Trail over 11 Street S.E., Glenmore Trail over Fairmount Drive and Glenmore Trail over the CP/LRT tracks, will have various lane closures beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday, May 29. This project will continue through the 2015 construction season, for work related to the Glenmore Bridges rehabilitation project. During construction, there will be various stages which will require traffic pattern changes on Glenmore Trail and numerous lane closures on both Glenmore Trail and Centre Street S / Fairmount Drive S.E. under Glenmore Trail S.E. The two right lanes of 9 Avenue S.W. between 3 Street S.W. and 4 Street S.W. will be closed nightly between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
94 Avenue S.E. between 52 Street S.E. and 60 Street S.E. will be closed until Friday, July 31 for new road construction.
4 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane in each direction between 9 Avenue S.E. and 8 Avenue S.E. until September 30. This closure is for construction of the +60 pedestrian bridge at the National Music Centre.
Various lane closures on the ramp of southbound Crowchild Trail S.W. to 10 Avenue S.W. between the 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14. There will also be various lane closures on the ramp from northbound Crowchild Trail N.W. to Memorial Drive N.W. during this time. This closure accommodates milling work related to paving.
The lower deck of the Centre Street Bridge will be closed from 7 p.m. on Monday, July 13 to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, July 14. This closure accommodates bridge work.
The cycle track on 12 Avenue S.E. will be detoured between 3 Street S.E. and Olympic Way S.E. until further notice to accommodate construction.
Southbound 1 Street S.W. will be reduced to one lane between 9 Avenue S.W. and 10 Avenue S.W. this summer to accommodate the 1 Street S.W. underpass enhancement project. At the same time the sidewalk on southbound 1 Street S.W. will be closed. Pedestrians should use the sidewalk on the east side of 1 Street S.W. These closures will be in place until the work on the west side of the underpass is complete.
Summer Construction Projects
Now that summer is here, Roads construction projects are ramping up. For more information, visit Calgary.ca/paving.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.