Calgary road closures - July 12, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – July 12, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
It’s construction season! Help keep workers on the road safe. For more information, visit Calgary.ca/constructionzonesafety.
Edmonton Trail is reduced to one lane northbound at 4 Avenue N.E. from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily from Monday, July 11 to Thursday, July 14 due to paving.
The left lane of northbound Edmonton Trail is closed from Memorial Drive to 2 Avenue N.E. from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from Monday, July 11 to Thursday, July 14.
16 Avenue N.E. is reduced to two lanes eastbound at 1 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 12 due to construction.
Lane closures on Country Hills Boulevard N.E. from Deerfoot Trail to Barlow Trail from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on weekdays and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays from Monday, July 11 until Saturday, August 13 due to the addition of lanes.
Various lane closures both directions on Country Hills Boulevard N.E. at 38 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily from Wednesday, July 6 until Wednesday, July 20 due to signal work.
Aviation Road N.E. is closed between Aviation Boulevard and 15 Street N.E. until Sunday, September 25. Local business access will be maintained. This closure is part of the McKnight Boulevard N.E. Widening Project.
There will be new traffic patterns on McKnight Boulevard N.E. between 12 Street N.E. and 19 Street N.E. until September 2016. This work is part of the McKnight Boulevard N.E. Widening Project.
36 Street N.E. will be closed between 64 Avenue N.E. and Airport Trail N.E. until mid-October 2016. During this closure, traffic travelling northbound on 36 Street N.E. will be restricted to local only access at 64 Avenue N.E. Traffic travelling westbound on 80 Avenue N.E. will be diverted to southbound 40 Street N.E. There will be no access to Airport Trail from 80 Avenue N.E. during this closure. Detours using Metis Trail N.E. around construction zone are recommended.
The right lane of eastbound Stoney Trail N.W. is closed at Sarcee Trail N.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until August 8 due to interchange upgrades.
Northmount Drive N.W. has parking restrictions in place and traffic shifting between Cambrian Drive N.W. and McKnight Boulevard N.W starting at 7 a.m. on July 10 due to paving. Two-way traffic will be maintained during these operations.
The Prince’s Island Park pedestrian bridge to Memorial Drive will be partially closed until September 2016 and accommodates replacement of a non-slip coating.
144 Avenue N.W. is closed between Centre Street North and 14 Street N.W. for roadway upgrades through November 2016.
The right lane of westbound 24 Avenue N.W. is closed between 23 Street N.W. and Crowchild Trail N.W. until August 2016 due to the construction of a retaining wall.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until further notice. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W.; use an alternate route.
Various single lane closures in all directions at Peigan Trail and 52 Street S.E from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, July 11 to Friday, July 15, and from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, July 16. This work accommodates concrete rehab and paving preparations.
52 Street S.E. is reduced to two lanes both directions at Glenmore Trail S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily from Monday, July 11 until Saturday, July 16.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- Various single lane closures in all directions at Blackfoot Trail S.E. and 58 Avenue S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, July 11 to Friday, July 15.
- The left lane is on eastbound and westbound 58 Avenue S.E. on each side of Blackfoot Trail from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 14.
- The left lane is on northbound and southbound Blackfoot Trail north of 58 Avenue S.E. from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 14.
- The left lane is closed on eastbound and westbound 58 Avenue S.E. on each side of Blackfoot Trail from 7 p.m. Friday, July 15 to 7 p.m. Sunday, July 17.
- The left lane is on northbound and southbound Blackfoot Trail north of 58 Avenue S.E. from 7 p.m. Friday, July 15 to 7 p.m. Sunday, July 17.
- From now until late summer of 2016, there will be periodic lane closures and 50 km/h speed reductions at the intersection of Blackfoot Trail at 58 Avenue S.E. to allow for intersection improvements. Further information will follow as construction progresses. For additional information on this project, please go to Calgary.ca and search “58 Avenue and Blackfoot Trail S.E. intersection improvements”.
- Access to southbound Macleod Trail from the shopping Centre located north of 162 Avenue S.E. will close to accommodate the next phase of construction. Traffic will be required to exit the shopping Centre at the west entrance on Shawville Boulevard and connect to either 162 Avenue S.E. or Shawnessy Boulevard to access Macleod Trail.
- The right lane will be closed on northbound and southbound Barlow Trail at Glenmore Trail from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Tuesday, July 12 and Wednesday, July 13.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
NEW: The left lane of 12 Avenue S.W. at 19 Street S.W. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, July 13. During this closure, there will also be a right lane closure at 12 Avenue S.W. and 18 Street S.W. This closure continues daily during these hours, and from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends. This closure remains in place until 3 p.m. on Wednesday, July 27 and accommodates construction.
Centre Street is reduced to one lane in each direction at 6 Avenue S.E. from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. daily from July 11 to July 16.
10 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction west of 8 Street S.W. until 3 p.m. on Friday, August 26 due to Transportation Infrastructure work.
The right lane of southbound 8 Street S.W. between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. is closed until October 2016. The west sidewalk on 8 Street S.W. in this stretch will be closed. This closure accommodates work on the 8 Street S.W. underpass project.
The right lane of northbound 4 Street S.W. is closed at 15 Avenue S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, May 10. This closure continues daily during these hours until further notice and accommodates utility work.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
Calgary Stampede Rope Square Downtown Attractions – Friday July 9, and Sunday, July 11- Saturday, July 16 – 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. daily
- Lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail between 9 Avenue and 12 Avenue S.W.
- 9 Avenue S.W. closed at 1 Street S.W. Motorists are advised to use 2 Street S.W.
- Parking restrictions in place in the following locations:
- 3 Street S.W. between 2 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W.
- 8 Avenue S.W. between 3 Street and Macleod Trail S.E.
- Macleod Trail S.E. from 9 Avenue to Riverfront Avenue S.E.
- Riverfront Avenue from Macleod Trail to 2 Street S.E.
- 4 Avenue S.W. from 1 Street to 3 Street S.W.
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.