Calgary road closures - February 6, 2017
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions press release
February 6, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
Please note, a snow route parking ban has been advised and will be in effect from 6 p.m. on Monday, February 6, 2017. This ban will remain in effect for 72 hours, or until removed by The City of Calgary. For more information, visit Calgary.ca/snow.
No planned closures
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
6 Avenue S.E. is reduced to one lane each direction at 3 Street S.E. from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, February 4.
There will be various single lane closures at 17 Avenue S.E. and 52 Street S.E. daily from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. beginning on Monday, February 6 and Tuesday, February 7 for utility work.
- There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, February 6 until Friday, February 10.
- There will be various lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail between 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard and Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, February 6 until Friday, February 10.
- The two right lanes will be closed on and southbound northbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 9 p.m. Friday, February 3 until 5 a.m. Saturday, February 4.
- For more information, visit the project page
- NEW: The right lane will be closed on eastbound Glenmore Trail west of Ogden Road / 24 Street S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, February 7.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to one lane in each direction from 6 Street to 7 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. on Monday, February 6 until 7 p.m. on Monday, March 6.
The right lane of southbound 8 Street S.W. is closed between 8 Avenue and 10 Avenue S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, February 1. This closure accommodates construction and will remain in place until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, February 15.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track on 5 Street S.W. between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 11. Cycle track traffic will be diverted to the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 10 and accommodates utility work.
- 6 Street S.W. is closed between 15 Avenue S.W. and 17 Avenue S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Friday, February 3. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Monday, February 6.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 6 Street S.W. and 7 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, February 6. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Monday, March 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.