Calgary road closures - February 21, 2017
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions press release
February 21, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. is closed at 1 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, February 22. This continues daily until 3 p.m. on Friday, February 24 and accommodates construction.
Reduced lanes in the Airport Tunnel daily from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, February 21. These closures accommodate tunnel maintenance and continue until 2 p.m. on Friday, February 24.
NEW: Southbound Centre Street N is reduced to a single lane at Throncrest Road N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, February 22 and Thursday, February 23 for utility work.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
Various single lane closures at Dartmouth Road and 25 Avenue S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, February 22 for traffic signal work.
- NEW: There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Tuesday, February 21 until Friday, February 24.
- NEW: There will be various lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail between 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard and Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Tuesday, February 21 until Friday, February 24.
- For more information, visit the project page
- NEW: The right lane will be closed on southbound Ogden Road at Glenmore Trail from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, February 22 to allow for installation of a new southbound to westbound right turn bay. Once lane closure is removed the new turn bay will be operational. The new turn bay is being installed in an effort to alleviate some of the traffic congestion at this location during construction.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track on 5 Street S.W. between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 11. Cycle track traffic will be diverted to the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 10 and accommodates utility work.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to one lane in each direction from 6 Street to 7 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. on Monday, February 6 until 7 p.m. on Monday, March 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.