Calgary road closures - February 18, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions – February 18, 2016
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport)
NEW: The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of eastbound 13 Avenue N.E. is closed from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, February 19 and Monday, February 22.
NEW: Centre Street is reduced to one lane northbound between 20 Avenue and 21 Avenue N.E. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily, beginning Thursday, February 18 and continuing until Monday, March 7. This closure is due to construction.
Various lane closures at McKnight Boulevard N.E. and 19 Street N.E. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, February 16. The closures continue daily during these hours on weekdays until 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 25.
17 Avenue N.E. is closed at 6 Street N.E. beginning at 8 a.m. on Friday, February 12. During this closure there will be no northbound access to 6 Street via 16 Avenue N.E. Traffic will be detoured in the area. This closure continues until 6 p.m. on Sunday, February 28 and accommodates gas utility work.
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. at 1 Street N.E. is closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Monday, January 4. This closure continues during these hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday until further notice. This closure accommodates construction.
NEW: 10 Street N.W. is closed at 2 Avenue N.W. from 7 p.m. on Friday, February 19 until 5 a.m. on Monday, February 22 due to utility work.
The right lane of eastbound and westbound Crowfoot Way N.W. is closed east of Crowfoot Crescent N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, February 9. This closure continues until 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 18 and accommodates signal work.
83 Street N.W. is closed between 33 Avenue N.W. and Bowfort Road N.W. until Spring 2016. There will be no access to Bowness Road N.W. from 16 Avenue N.W. during this closure; motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
3 Street S.E. is closed between 11 Avenue and 12 Avenue S.E. from Thursday, February 18 at 8 a.m. until Saturday, February 20 at 6 p.m. due to utility work.
Beginning on Monday, February 1 there will be no turn from southbound Macleod Trail S.E. to eastbound Southland Drive S.E. daily from 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. This accommodates operational improvements to Macleod Trail and Southland Drive.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, February 15 and daily from Wednesday, February 17 to Friday, February 19.
- The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail south of 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, February 15 and daily from Wednesday, February 17 to Friday, February 19.
- Starting on Sunday, January 31, the access to both westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard from northbound Macleod Trail will change. Existing ramps will close and new detour ramps will open to allow for the next stage of interchange construction. The left turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to westbound 162 Avenue S.E. and the right turn bay from northbound Macleod Trail to eastbound Sun Valley Boulevard will close. A new exit ramp via the right lane will then open to access both 162 Avenue S.E. and Sun Valley Boulevard. A new signalized intersection will be formed on Sun Valley Boulevard east of Macleod Trail to accommodate this new detour ramp connection. Macleod Trail is already part of a construction zone with a reduced speed limit of 60 km/hr. that will remain in effect 24/7 for duration of construction.
- Starting on Sunday, January 31 the exit ramp from eastbound 162 Avenue S.E. to southbound Macleod Trail will be revised. The access will be relocated further west to allow for the next stage of interchange construction
- Construction continues at the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange. For information on this project, visit the Glenmore / Ogden Interchange website on Calgary.ca
3 Street S.E. is reduced to one lane southbound between 6 Avenue S.E. and 9 Avenue S.E. from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily until further notice due to the Municipal Building Flood Mitigation Project. A two way traffic setup will be installed in the left northbound lane of 3 Street S.E. between 7 Avenue S.E. and 6 Avenue S.E.
NEW: Eastbound 17 Avenue S.W. is closed at 17A Street S.W. and a two-way setup is in place in the westbound lanes beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, February 19. This closure continues until 6 p.m. on Saturday, February 20 and accommodates water services utility work.
Various lane closures on 9 Avenue S.W. between 10 Street and 11 Street S.W. from 9 a.m. on Thursday, February 18 until 7 p.m. on Sunday, February 21 due to construction.
5 Street S.W. is reduced to narrow southbound lanes between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 5 until February 23. During this closure the cycle track will also be closed along this stretch. Cyclists are asked to practice patience, follow signage, ride courteously and cooperate with pedestrians on the east sidewalk during this closure. Alternate routes are recommended, this closure accommodates utility installation.
- Single left lane closures on northbound and southbound Crowchild Trail at Flanders Avenue S.W. with a speed reduction to 50 km/hr. daily beginning in early January. This closure will continue daily during these hours until late February.
- The northbound exit ramps from Crowchild Trail S.W. to Flanders Avenue S.W. are currently closed until late 2016. Motorists will be unable to access Flanders Avenue S.W. via northbound Crowchild Trail S.W. Motorists are advised to use 33 Avenue S.W. or 50 Avenue S.W. via Crowchild Trail as alternate routes.
- Caen Avenue (from the Currie Business Park entrance to Quesnay Wood Drive) is closed to allow for the utility work necessary for the Interchange construction. This stretch of Caen Avenue will be closed until late 2016. A temporary off-ramp provides access into the Currie Business Park, from Crowchild Trail South to Battleford Avenue.
- Construction work has begun on Richard Road and eastbound Flanders Avenue. Traffic on Richard Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction (north and sound bound).
For more information visit Alberta Transportation’s website.
Follow The City of Calgary’s Transportation Department on Twitter for up to date information on road closures, projects and all of Transportations’ services at @yyctransport.
Visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo for up-to-date road closure and incident information.