Calgary road closures - December 19, 2016
December 19, 2016
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: Southbound Centre Street N is reduced to a single lane at 32 Avenue N.E. from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily beginning on Tuesday, December 20. These closures continue daily until 3 p.m. on Friday, December 23 and accommodate utility work.
Sage Hill Drive N.W. is closed at Symons Valley Road N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, December 19. During this closure, motorists are advised to use 144 Avenue N.W. as an alternate route. This closure remains in place until 8 p.m. on Thursday, December 22 and accommodates construction.
Willow Park Drive S.E. is closed between Acadia Drive and Willow View Road S.E. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 22 and accommodates sewer line upgrades.
42 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Blackfoot Trail and 11 Street S.E. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Friday, December 23 and accommodates construction.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, December 19 until Friday, December 23.
- The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail between 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard and Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, December 19 until Friday, December 23.
- For more information, visit the project page
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
NEW: 9 Avenue S.W. is reduced to two right lanes at 1 Street S.W. from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, December 20 for construction.
NEW: 11 Avenue S.W. is reduced to two right lanes between 1 Street S.W. and 2 Street S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, December 20. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 22 and accommodates emergency water main work.
4 Street S.W. is reduced to two left lanes between 8 Avenue S.W. and 11 Avenue S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, December 19 and Tuesday, December 20 for construction.
14 Street S.W. is closed between 36 Avenue and 38 Avenue S.W. This closure accommodates the City of Calgary’s utility replacement program. Motorists are advised to expect delays and use alternate routes. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 22.
- 17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction from 1 Street S.E. and Centre Street S through 7 p.m. on Friday, January 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Mac’s Midget International Hockey Tournament
- The Max Bell Arena entrance and exit will be limited to right-in and right out traffic onto Barlow Trail S.W. from Monday, December 26 to Sunday, January 1. This is to facilitate traffic flow.
- Police will be onsite directing traffic
New Year’s Eve Celebration
- From Wednesday, December 28 at 9 a.m., through 8 p.m. on Monday, January 2, the left lane of MacLeod Trail northbound between 7 – 8 Avenue SE will be closed.
- On Thursday, December 31, MacLeod Trail SE northbound will be closed from 5 p.m. Friday, December 30 – 8 p.m. Sunday, January 1 at 9 Avenue SE.
- 3 Street S.E. from 6 Avenue to 8 Avenue S.E. will be closed at 11:45 p.m. on Saturday, December 31 until 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, January 1.
- Police will be onsite be directing traffic.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.