Calgary road closures - December 14, 2016
December 14, 2016
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: The right lane of westbound 20 Avenue N.E. is closed at 34 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, December 15 for utility work.
NEW: Sage Hill Drive N.W. is closed at Symons Valley Road N.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Thursday, December 15. During this closure, motorists are advised to use 144 Avenue S.W. as an alternate route. This closure remains in place until 5 a.m. on Monday, December 19 and accommodates construction.
Westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to a single left lane west of 14 Street N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, October 31. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 17. This closure accommodates construction.
NEW: Various single lane closures at 9 Avenue S.E. and 8 Street S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, December 15 for construction.
Willow Park Drive S.E. is closed between Acadia Drive and Willow View Road S.E. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 22 and accommodates sewer line upgrades.
42 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Blackfoot Trail and 11 Street S.E. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Friday, December 23 and accommodates construction.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- The right lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Thursday, December 15 and Friday, December 16.
- The right lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail at Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Thursday, December 15 and Friday, December 16.
- For more information, visit the project page
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
14 Street S.W. is closed between 36 Avenue and 38 Avenue S.W. This closure accommodates the City of Calgary’s utility replacement program. Motorists are advised to expect delays and use alternate routes. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 22.
- 17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction from 1 Street S.E. and Centre Street S through 7 p.m. on Friday, January 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.