Calgary road closures - December 12, 2016
December 12, 2016
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: 32 Avenue N.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 32 Street and 34 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, December 13 and Wednesday, December 14 for utility work.
Update: Various lane closures in all directions at 36 Street N.E. and 20 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. continues through 3 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14.
32 Avenue N.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 32 Street and 34 Street N.E. from 11 p.m. on Monday, December 12 to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, December 13 for utility work.
Starting on Monday, November 5 westbound Memorial Drive will have two left turn lanes to southbound 4 Street N.E. (Langevin bridge) from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. daily on weekdays (excluding holidays). During the off peak hours (9 a.m. to 5:59 a.m.) there will be two left turn lanes implemented from eastbound Memorial Drive to northbound Edmonton Trail N.E. These changes are part of the Memorial Drive at Edmonton Trail improvement project.
There will be various lane closures in all directions at Memorial Drive N.E. and Edmonton Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The closures also occur on Saturdays and Sundays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. These closures accommodate the Memorial Drive at Edmonton Trail improvement project.
Westbound 16 Avenue N.W. will be reduced to a single left lane west of 14 Street N.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, October 31. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 17. This closure accommodates construction.
Willow Park Drive S.E. is closed between Acadia Drive and Willow View Road S.E. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Friday, December 16 and accommodates sewer line upgrades.
42 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Blackfoot Trail and 11 Street S.E. beginning at 5 a.m. on Monday, November 21. This closure remains in place until 12 p.m. on Monday, December 19 and accommodates construction.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- The left lane will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, December 12 to Wednesday, December 14.
- The left lane will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, December 12 to Wednesday, December 14.
- The two left lanes will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 9 p.m. Monday, December 12 until 5 a.m. Tuesday, December 13.
- For more information, visit the project page
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
14 Street S.W. is closed between 36 Avenue and 38 Avenue S.W. This closure accommodates the City of Calgary’s utility replacement program. Motorists are advised to expect delays and use alternate routes. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 15.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.